Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've always wondered about seafood. Which kinds are most dangerous? Are they all dangerous? I'm not too worried about fish, but what about shrimp? Lobster? I love shrimp, but I'll only eat the shrimp wheels that you buy in the box with the label 'fully cooked' written on it, and it has to be frozen when I take it out of the box. I know that just because it says 'fully cooked' doesn't mean that someone at the factory didn't mess up and undercook them, but somehow having it in writing eases my mind! I don't think I 'll ever eat mussels or oysters, as they're notorious for food poisoning. I want to try lobster, but I want some information on it first so I know if there's any chance that I might get sick from it. Anyone know of any clear-cut seafood rules?

I don't think there are any clear cut rules about one type being more dangerous than the other, it's just whether it is fresh, handled, stored and cooked in the correct way. This is from the University of Delaware's Marine Studies site - some of the info may help, especially if you are going to prepare it yourself:
    Guidelines for Keeping Seafood Safe to Eat
    Freezing. After shopping, immediately store commercially wrapped frozen seafood in your freezer. Put it in the coldest part of the freezer, at a temperature as close to -20°F as possible. As with other frozen foods, avoid prolonged storage by planning your purchases, keeping in mind “ first in, first out.” Commercially frozen seafood can be stored in the freezer for up to six months.
    Thawing.
    Plan ahead; defrost fish overnight in the refrigerator. This is the best way to thaw fish to minimize loss of moisture. A one-pound package will defrost within twenty-four hours. Never defrost seafood at room temperature or with hot or warm water as bacteria on the surface will begin to multiply. If you forget to take theseafood out of the freezer in time, place it in the sink (still in the package) under cold, running water. A onepound package will defrost in about an hour. You can use your microwave oven to partially defrost fish. Use the lowest defrost setting (10% – 30% power). A pound of fillets defrosts in five to six min utes. The fish should feel cool, pliable, and slightly icy. Be careful not to overheat it and begin the cooking process. Foods defrosted in the microwave oven should be cooked immediately after thawing.
    Preparation.
    Be sure all surfaces and utensils that will touch the food are clean. Always wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds before starting food preparation, before working with a new food or utensil, after finishing food preparation, before serving, and after going to the bathroom. Don’t let juices from raw seafood, meat, or poultry come into contact with other food. Wash cutting board, utensils, counter, sink, and hands with hot, soapy water immediately after preparing raw seafood, meat, or poultry.
    Cooking.
    Cook fish and shellfish thoroughly. Fish is cooked when it begins to flake and loses its translucent (raw) appearance. Cook fish until it reaches an internal temperature of 145° F for at least fifteen seconds. Seafood is usually cooked under moderate to high heat (425° F).You need a reliable, continuous heat source.So don’t cook it on a hot plate . Avoid interrupted cooking — completely cook the seafood at one time. If you’re microwaving fish, you need to compensate for uneven heating and shorter cooking times. Be sure to rotate or stir halfway through the cooking process, cover to retain moisture, heat to an internal temperature of 170° F for fifteen seconds, and allow to stand covered for two minutes after cooking.
    Scallops and shrimp turn firm and opaque when cooked. It takes three to five minutes to boil or steam one pound of medium-sized shrimp, and three to four minutes to cook scallops.
    Shucked shellfish, such as clams, mussels, and oysters, become plump and opaque when cooked. The F
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful!