Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Marijuana

Does anyone or has anyone utilized this plant for the obvious medical reasons on this site?

I actually made it through a flu, during New Years, using it, I would've lost it without it, because I almost did with it.

It helps my anxiety, and has done a lot for me, people say it's bad but that's only if you let it gain control over you.

I love the affects when I feel bad/tired/nervous I can just relax and stop worrying, and if I'm a little ill with something, I can last on my own, with that I can usually make it through anything.

I'm opposite. Makes me paranoid, like big time.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I haven't had any of that in sooooooooooooooo many years.....the last experience was a very bad one, don't know what was in that stuff, but took me on a trip i never want to go back on.....but other than that all i really remember about it was it making me very sleepy. Might be diff. now though
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Personally i don't think that it is the best way to deal with anxieties. I feel really strongly against the stuff because i saw what it did to my brother. I think that dealing with anxieties as a personal journey is the best way to deal with and understand yourself better. Hope no-one hates me for being honest, but thats just my opinion - doesn't mean that its the right one.

When I am nauseous the LAST thing I want to do is smoke a j. I think the feel of it in my throat would be enough for me to yak.

Interestingly enough, I only really smoke when I need to concentrate and get work done. Whereas it makes others easily distracted and unable to concentrate, it does the opposite for me. It makes me able to sit still and focus on one thing, as opposed to the 8-10 things that are usually running through my mind.

*amber*

*crossing her fingers for decriminalization in Canada*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It makes me sooo anxious and paranoid. I hate the stuff, but I wish it could help me in that way, because I'm just a huge stress ball 24/7!!

I haven't smoked it in years because the last time I did, I got really anxious, paranoid, and thought I was going to v*.

A good friend of mine did find relief from her huge break-up induced anxiety n* with it, but now I am just too paranoid.

Wow, you people are all senstive, I think it's better if you can still derive paranoia from the effects of marijuana.

most people just let it rule their bodies and don't fight it, they have no spine and they just lazy/tired/hungry and retarded.

it's good that people can use it to think and become more aware and focused.

I hate the propaganda though, the American government is the murderer of truth.

I'm in Maryland, and recently (since a couple years ago) if you go from my house, to outside my neighborhood, to the gas station a minute down the road, you'll see at least 3 cops. Everytime.

So it's getting tight and people don't want to get caught, it's hard to get good stuff all the time, but when I do, since i have had it in a while, I'm not used to it and I'll sometimes go into a panic attack.

I don't know why but I love those.

I feel like i ran a marathon afterwards, and it shows how strong I am, my true beliefs of what gets under my skin and how well i can sit and simply exist within myself without freaking out. I enjoy challeneges in life.

I had the worst experience with pot, I was like 15 and I had friends over and at that time I was on paxil for my anxiety that when it's hit it's peak, And I was thinking it ain't going to do anything to me, I took my last hit from the bowl and I felt like I was in outer space, and I freaked my mom wasn't home and she is the person I talk to to calm down and all my friends were like trying to figure out what was wrong with me, I ended up hitting my head and not even knowing it all i remember is just sitting in the corner covering my eyes. My sister was there thank god and she kinda calmed me down and then my mom ended up calling home and I told her I just smoked pot and I was freaking out and she's like I'm on my way home and she came home and it started to wear off. I'll never forgot that night it was so scary. But I think if people can take xanic or whatever that med is for anxiety attacks you can smoke pot, I honestly think your more safe with pot then xanic, not only can xanic can be mentally addictive but it's also physically addictive, but the bad thing with pot is it's illegal, personally I don't think pot is a bad drug like people say it, I even think drinking is worse then pot think about it, know how many people die becuase of drunk driving, and drinking is bad for you health if you do it excessively and not only that you can have withdrawls from it and it's addictive, pot doesn't really impair your mind I've never hear people dying from smoking pot to much, you do get lazy from smoking pot but drinking you do too. Drinking has caued so many deaths espically in my town our town is known for teen drunk driving and death and it's a very small town. Maybe some don't agree with it and that's fine, I don't like smoking pot but I do see pot isn't as bad as people think it is, I think it's how the goverment puts pot in a bad terms that makes people think it's bad and wrong, I don't know that's my thoughts about it.

Ive had so many great expieriences with marijuana..Ive never once felt nauseous or paranoid with it, but as crimgoddess said, i dont think i could smoke it being nauseous, i think it would make it worse for me..but all in all, if i am feeling anxious about sumthing or need to relax..i willsmoke some to calm me..in my Province of B.Cwe soposidly have the best bud in the world, or so i have heard. I've been smoking it for about6 years and i think its pretty great..i go to alot of pot rallies too..andam also hoping for legalization.Edited by: icicledreamz
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Yes.

If I'm not in a good situation, or if I don't feel at ease, smoking it only increases paranoia.

This is part of my whole experience.

Smoking this stuff and riding around in car for 6 hours through the night/going to parties, being around sick people, I can handle almost anything now.

One girl/guy said she flipped out in the other thread, and thought the dog was talking to her.

Imagine being completely stoned and then having a ill person situation arise, right next to you, almost on you.
    After that, really nothing can scare you....

i love hash, which is something you guys don't get much of in the U.S. but is thankfully available here in Canada.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

I hate it!

I personally havn't taken it, but my brother became a drug addict and used to use all sorts of drugs. I think he had ketamine once which acctuly made him v* after having a trip. But when he took cannabis, he would totally calm down, act nice and just seemed so relaxed, but the next morning he would be angry and he is very paranoid now as a result of it, so i don't really think its the best way..

I've heard it has an anti-emetic effect on a cancer website? http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=6996, i think the drug is called nabilone and it says its man made by cannabis.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]