Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

As many of you have red on my other post an sv* has gone through my house in the past few days. I just had some questions maybe some of you know the answer to.....How long are you contagious once you have had an sv? I've heard that the first 72 hours are the most and then after that you could still have it in the bowel for up to 2 weeks and still be contagious??? Also, how long does it take for someone else to get it once you have had it? My husband has been OK so far but I'm scared for him and just would like to know when he should be clear and I can ease my anxiety at least a little bit. I got sick almost 48 hours ago and my daughter got sick almost 24 hours ago so he could still actually get it, huh? UGH! I hope not. If anyone knows about this please let me know.

Thanks!

I don't know the real answers, but the longest it has been between my family from getting the tummy flu was 4 days. How is everyone feeling? Hope you are all getting better. Did the baby get sick?

Here you go--this may answer some of your questions.........

http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/dvrd/revb/...rovirus-qa.htm
    ~*~Charlene~*~

He sounds like he may have escaped it.

I think he's almost in the clear, usually symptoms start 48 hours after ususlly maybe sooner, but I remember reading that your mother in law got sick and then your uncle well it only took them 24 hours to get it so I think, I think he would have had it by now.

It sounds like you know the stats from reading sage's thread in the Q&A section, right?

So you're just asking for people's experiences, right? Not more statistics?

I wanted to be sure that I understood the question.

If you go to the Questions and Answers thread, at the top, there is a sticky post called "An expert answers your Q&A about viruses". It's created especially for emets, and will dispel all rumours and unnecessary worry.

Hope this helps!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.