Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just responding with someone that had a post about smoking pot makes her feel good when she feels sick, I don't really like smoking I did it once and totally flipped out it was so scary, but I just wanted to see your thought on this. Alot people say pot is so so bad but think about it drinking is way worse and it is legal, so many people die from car accidents and drinking to much causes death, it's addictive physically and mentally, but pot might be mentally addictive but it's not physically, it doesn't impair your mind like drinking does it doesn't cause death from doing it to much at one time. Also anti anxiety meds like xanic it's phyiscally and mentally addictive, so why is smoking pot so bad well I think it how the goverment put it into terms of being wrong and bad, yes there is some bad things about pot like being lazy, and it is illegal another bad thing but think about it look at the cons of drinking and look at cons of pot. I won't ever smoke again I didn't like pot it scared of me but I was just thinking about it it doesn't make sense. but I'd like your thoughts on this! feel free no matter if you don't agree with smoking that's fine go ahead and post that, I respect your different views of things!

I think the way people revolve their lives around drinking is terrible.It is so uncool and weird if like me you dont drink.And pot is not any more harmful i agree, although one of my friends is so lazy from over smoking.I think like everything either should be consumed in moderation.Personally i would nt take either for fear of being sick.

Well I don't drink as I think its a waste of money & makes me fall asleep.. not the most sociable thing to doin front offriends!If there is a family occasion or I have a meal out *which only happens maybe once a year* I will maybe have 1 half of lager but then the rest is coke or lemonade.. I detest drunk people though.. there is no need to go to extremes & become assholes... [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

As for the smoking pot - I don't smoke it now but used to do. It didn't used to make me feel ill.. just gave me a great buzz & chilled me out but after I had my little boy it started to make me ill & made me throw 'whiteys' so I didn't bother anymore. My other half smokes it whenever possible & it makes him lazy & tired & not at all human... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I'm not against anyone doing drugs or drinking - its a personal choice & i've had many a good night on both in the past[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]but choose not to now..

Remember: Man made booze, God made the 'plants' *including weed*.. which one would YOU choose?Edited by: sneezymonkey

Yep I used to smoke the green stuff, when I was around 16/17 but had quite a bad experience one day (very bad palpitations, paranoia, thought I was dying, shakes, extreme emotions etc) so haven't smoked since (i'm now 26!). I know that mixing alcohol and weed can give you 'greenies' and make you feel very very sick. I never used to do the two together.

I do have the occassional drinkon weekendsbut I don't really enjoy it.. I don't NEED to drink and would much prefer it if my friends just left me alone and let me drink coke/lemonade/fruit juice when we go out..I will never drink enough to get wasted/be sick/pass out and I am naturally a bit mad and bubbly around my friends anyway, and can get 'drunk' on atmosphere, so really don't need it! grr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I used to smoke pot every day during lunch in highschool. It was all fun and games for the other people who did it with me because they had art after lunch and the art teacher was a little out there any way so it's not like she would notice. I on the other hand had English, and lemme tell you I failed that class SO BAD.

One night at a graduation party we all decided to smoke some weed and it totally made me flip out. I think it's because I already have some major mental problems (Boarderline Personality/Bipolar) and I was on pretty heavy mood stablizers at the time. Also we are all pretty sure the weed was laced with something. Anyway since then (I was 16) I haven't touched the stuff...I mean that night I was freakin out so bad I thought the dog was talking to me!

I don't have a problem with pot, if you wanna smoke it then go ahead I in fact think it should be legal. (No I am NOT a hippy) My sister smokes it a lot and she's not lazy or anything. I was going to say she's not boring but she is too me LoL but that's only because she always wants to talk politics and I could really care less.

I have a drink every once in a while but I can't drink around my parents because they know I'm not supposed to drink. I have some wine coolers in the fridge that I bought last week and maybe I'll have one tonight but I NEVER drink enough to get drunk, a little buzz is good enough for me.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

i definitely drink more than i smoke pot, but i don't do either very often. i started smoking pot when i was 16 (i'm 18 now) and i've never had a problem with it at all, but this past summer one of my best friends completely bugged out after smoking, which was weird because she's been smoking it for three or four years. it scared me and i don't do it very often anymore. a lot of my friends still do, so it's always around. i'd rather have a couple beers though

has anybody ever experimented with any other drugs? i never have, but my friend tried shrooms at college last semester and her suitemates almost brought her to the emergency room because she went so crazy. and the other night i was with a kid (friend of a friend) who was sniffing coke off of a car key. i'd never seen anybody sniff coke before besides for in movies! it was weird, especially off of a key! i'm too much of a coward to ever try anything besides pot. maybe that's a good thing!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Am i the only person that is as weird about drugs as i am about v*? I think it is linked because of the whole control thing. I can't control the way i well feel when on drugs so i freak. I freaked when i smoked weed and i have tried one other drug and that was ecstasy. I was pushed into doing it and i didnt feel euphoric at all! I was shaking, and freaking out. Ever since then my anxiety has been worse and whenever i even think about drugs i start to panic. Alcohol doesnt bother me one bit. I'm actually havinga sort of tough time bc i'm not supposed to drink at all now that i'm on meds.

I think pot should be legal. I used to smoke it fairly often, but kind of got tired of it. It sometimes gives me heart palpitations and a panicky feeling, and I don't like that, so I don't do it much. Drinking is not something I can handle. It gives me definite panic attacks. I just don't do it. As far as other drugs go, I have used acid a few times, years ago, and it was too much of a russian roulette. You never know if you're going to heaven or hell. I am too unstable mentally to handle that. I tried mushrooms once, and all they did was make me feel out of it and depressed.

I don't do pot, or drugs. I do drink occasionally though, it seems less dangerous to me (although i know that's not the case) because I don't drive, and my friends and I aren't completely wild when we do.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My sister and her husband used to be big pot heads in college. So I tried it with them a couple times. It did nothing for me, except once it made me paranoid. Never had a desire to do it since. Alcohol on the other hand, has been my undoing. Alcoholism runs in my family, and I just joined right in. Blah. I hate how it ruins so many lives! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Alcohol is ok in moderation, it helps me to relax and gives me a bit of confidence (although i never drink too much incase i get sick).

But I HATE drugs, and long term useage of Pot is known to cause mental illness in some. I used to hang around with a lot of people that did drugs, and my husband used to before i met him, but it really annoys me and I don't see what the attraction is [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Will this last forever????

I drink about twice a week, I love the way I feel more relaxed and that warm, giddy feeling you get with it.

My fiance used to partake with the oldgiggly-smokes a lot and has tried magic mushrooms. I always wanted to try smoking pot but was put off big style when I watched a documentary on tv about the hidden dangers of cannabis. Apparently just one joint caused a nineteen year old lad to get ill with schizophrenia, he said that one smoke had ruined his life, and using it regularly approximately doubles your chances of developing the illness. I know it helps with some conditions, like ms, so isn't all bad.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

The thing is that pot was only made illegal because of who was smoking it at the time (poor visible minorities). Besides the prohibition years, the 'drug' of the upper classes, ie alcohol, remain legal. That's not saying that alcohol is purely utilized by the upper classes (of course), but those in power won't make the activities they partake in illegal.

Physically, there is a lot of evidence which states that marijuana, when used in moderation, is better for your system than alcohol. However, marijuana still has the stigma of being an "illegal drug" so the actual evidence get clouded or misconstrued. Because of all the talk of decriminalization the canadian government commissioned a study about the effects of marijuana use. Instead of finding a lot of damning evidence which would have solidified an anti-pot stance, they found very little to justify its illegality. So, they buried the study- released it but didn't notify anyone or produce much literature.

As for marijuana and shizophrenia- people need to remember that correlation does not mean causation. There is no evidence that states that these people who developed shizophrenia did sobecause they had certain factors which made thempredisposed to it, not due to the pot. Or that people prone to mental illness are more likely to experiment with illegal drugs, or have bad reactions to certain drugs.

Also, the distinction must be made between shizophrenia, and having short term shizophrenia-like symptoms induced by the THC in the marijuana.

*amber*

I don't smoke pot because the idea doesn't really interest me.

I don't drink very often either, just in moderation at parties and stuff.

"Yep I used to smoke the green stuff,
    when I was around 16/17 but had quite a bad experience one day (very
    bad palpitations, paranoia, thought I was dying, shakes, extreme
    emotions etc) so haven't smoked since (i'm now 26!). I know that mixing
    alcohol and weed can give you 'greenies' and make you feel very very
    sick. I never used to do the two together."

This happened to me last night.

Meh....

I had an OBE, haven't been able to do it in a while. It's pretty fun. I smoked alot though, 7 or 8 packs out of a steam roller and two blunts of KB.

I then came online and wrote until 4 in the morning. It works for me.

</font>

"As for marijuana and shizophrenia- people need to remember that
    correlation does not mean causation. There is no evidence that states
    that these people who developed shizophrenia did sobecause they had
    certain factors which made thempredisposed to it, not due to the pot.
    Or that people prone to mental illness are more likely to experiment
    with illegal drugs, or have bad reactions to certain drugs."

Pot doesn't cause it, this person is correct.

It will amplify the symptoms of one such mentality, making it more known.

If you want to hide the disorder take pharms.

If you want to consciously become aware of it in your daily life and then work through it, become internalized and subjective. Meditation, quiet contemplation, or psychoactives may do this.

Although the psychoactives are bad because you require an external source of uplifting to reach this state, it's best to be done naturally.

Hmmm I dunno about the pot and schizophrenia debate, but it's just something I probably wouldn't risk. I'll stick to alcohol for my kicks for now.

- Japanese proverb

I used to smoke pot all the time when I was younger - from about 14 to 22. I never once felt n* while on it, except for the one time on New Year's Eve 2000 when I mixed pot and whiskey(not pleasant). But, for some reason, when I turned 23, I just didn't want to do it anymore, now I'd just rather keep a straight head. I've read that pot is an anti-nauseant and doctors prescribe medicinal marijuana to stomach cancer patients, but after saying that, being high on pot also puts you in a very psychologically suggestible state, and if you're worried about being sick, it's very possible that you will feel n* because the worry will be amplified.

I just wanted to agree with amber. Pot does NOT cause schizophrenia - but may cause schizphrenic "like" symptoms.

You cannot get a mental illness from smoking pot.

You should always becareful when staring opinions as opposed to the facts because it may lead people to believe otherwise.

correlational studies are just that - they show that relationships exist between two variables - but they cannot control for external factors outside of the resarchers control, so they cannot predict causeation. There is often a third, unknown "X" variable not accounted for.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll

I just wanted to agree with amber. Pot does NOT cause schizophrenia - but may cause schizphrenic "like" symptoms.

You cannot get a mental illness from smoking pot.

You should always becareful when staring opinions as opposed to the facts because it may lead people to believe otherwise.

correlational studies are just that - they show that relationships exist between two variables - but they cannot control for external factors outside of the resarchers control, so they cannot predict causeation. There is often a third, unknown "X" variable not accounted for.

It's never been my 'opinion' that smoking potcan cause mental health problems,it's justsomething I've seen on tv documentaries and have read about whichis what I was relating. I wrote 'apparently'in order for it not to come across as a 100% accurate fact, so I apologize if it appeared that way. All I'm saying isI don't think I'd take the risk just in case and it's articles like these that make me question things: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4305783.stm http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3098

I'll also add that I'd never tell anyone not to usecannabis - plenty of my friends smoke pot and I never question them, as it's there personal choice to, like I choose to drink alcohol.

- Japanese proverb