Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: do u ever ?

do you ever feel like your going to be stuck feeling scared like this forever ???

yes, im sitting here thinking about that as well, getting really fed up with it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i have a really good therapist .... and i know what she says makes sence and i fully understand what she is saying .... but i cannot see myself ever getting used to it to the point where it doesnt take all my thoughts or time up

hey violet ... if you have msn give us a shout .. add me im

[email protected] im always around for a chat if you need one [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Will do now hun[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

sometimes I think that but a good chunk of my life I never feared it until I encountered it. I never feared myself V*ing as much as I do now, it was always others and only when I was confronted with it. I want to be a nurse so I'm thinking that I'll desensitize myself too it, besides I don't freak out like I used to (Not when it's other people at least)

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yep I'm convinced of it. I don't see any way out of it. Its part of who we are, our mental make up. It sucks, I hate it. I wish I could erase whatever caused us to have this. and just be better. and normal. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Yeah, I do worry about that. I actually used to be alot better emet-wise than I am now. I ate anything and everything. I rarely had panic attacks. I could leave the house, go on trips, without a scared thought in my head. Now it feels like that 'old me' is a stranger. I wonder if I'm ever going to be able to be her again. I would give almost anything.

I feel the same way jodi054 - sometimes it seems soo hopeless, like I will never be able to get out of this fear. Thankfully I have a few great people who keep trying to convince me I will make it through and come out on the other side! But sometimes it is hard to believe.

All the time. It terrifies me.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

Yes I always feel like this may never go away. But I really dont want to live like this forever. It's already been 20 years for me living in complete fear and anxiety. I'm now determined to try everything and anything to help myself. I beleive this will never go away if you dont try. It' like the lotto you can't win if you dont play. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Sherbear, I feel exactly the same as you. I don't know this person I have become. I have been emet for a long time, but it didn't used to rule my life. Now it does. I am in counsleing, but I only get so many sessions through my inusurance, and they are running out fast. I'm not sure it's helping anyway. My counselor is nice, but I don't think she knows how to help with this.

I thought that a couple of months ago but just last night in fact I saw a man v* loudly and explicity across the road and I was completley fine with it.

You can get over this, honestly. Once I made the realisation I couldn't avoid it anymore, I made huge progress with the support of a clinical psychologist. It's very much possible! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.