Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay I know there are a few of you on this board who believe in the supernatural and ghosts and all that happy stuff, I believe too, I am definately open to those possibilities.

Now I want to channel a spirit, the spirit of a good friend of mine in highschool. She's been dead for a few years now but I want her to know that I miss her and that I still think about her...also she was a great artist so I think it would be neat if I could actually bring her into my body and do some art.

Does anyone on the boards know how to channel spirits? Or know how to contact one?

~Monica

PS: No, I'M NOT CRAZY!
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

It sounds pretty dangerous to me. I wouldn't recommend it!

Yup, I agree with Pianolover on this one. You don't know what could happen. I worry about ouija boards and things like that...you never know if you are totally safe dealing with those forces.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

CAN you really do this? I mean, has it actually been done before? It actually sounds interesting.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

No offense but i think all that stuff is just a big money maker and another way to exploit people. If anything does happen it is just your sub concious making something up because your so desperate for something to happen. Sorta like how when the body gets cold the blood retracts to the internal organs. Your emotions will do that too. If that means making you feel kind of funny to where you think your surrounded by spirits than so be it. I mean i guess it could be possible but i really really doubt it. Also, if its true why the heck do you have to "channel" them? I mean why wouldnt they be looking for you. Thats something to think about.

All that aside I think it would be easier if everyone just focused on life. If everyone truly believed there was no after life I think people would be more careful with there lives and how they affect others. Im sorry about your friend. I lost a very good friend to cancer a couple years ago.

Ps. I dont think your crazy!Edited by: wonderwhen?

you can do it, yes, but you want to be careful about inviting something into your own body. speaking to and becoming are obviously very very different things, but if you dont know what your doing i wouldnt suggest inviting anything into your own body.
    .: tonight i\'m letting go :.

Well I am Wiccan so I'm not a stranger to the spirit world. Now I know that wonderwhen said it's all just a big money maker but I beg to differ. I have to say that I have done some "Spells/witchcraft" in my time and just about everything I've done worked. Whether it was to get a job, or even subtle revenge it's worked! Now I don't do black magic or BAD Spells but there is a spell where you can reverse the threefold law back on someone whose done something to you.

For instance, say your ex-boyfriend REALLY screwed you over. It will come back to him 3 fold...IN TIME. The spell merely just speeds up the time it takes for that to happen. Now you may not believe this but I did a threefold spell on someone and the next day she was in a bad car accident. She didn't die, but she did shatter all the bones in her left foot. Coincedence? Could be...Magic? Could be too...who really knows. I haven't done a reverse three fold spell since then. But she got what was coming to her, and it made her see the error of her ways and immediately after she was out of the hospital she apologized to me, and trust me that apology was long in coming.

I've done spells to make it rain, make it warm, make it snow, and whatever else you can do with the weather and they have all happened on the days that I wanted them to. Yeah I guess it's easy to say that I checked the weather page/channel but I never did.

On a psychic level I've been able to accurately see someones personality and dreams in a one on one setting. I have to be able to see them to connect with them so don't ask me to do it online. I've used scrimshaw, candles, and palm readings. I've touched the spirit world and it has touched back.

No, when it comes to spirits I don't know what I'm doing, I've never channeled one before but I feel like I owe it to my friend to at least try. That is assuming she wants to talk to me. I'm just asking for help because I don't want to do it the wrong way.

~Monica

Hey Monica,

I thought I remembered you saying you were being baptized as Catholic? Sorry, am I making that up?? Now I am confused because I can't remember if that's right!

Anyway, like I said, I would strongly recommend against dabbling in things like trying to be possessed by spirits. I just get all these warning flags going up in my brain when I hear about stuff like that!!

Sorry I should have said I WAS Wiccan for a long period of time, yes I am going to get baptized but that doesn't mean I stop believing what I believe. My dad is a catholic and you should hear his theories on meditation and reincarnation and all sorts of spirituality! So I can be catholic and believe what I wish...I'm not going to be a strict catholic...LOL Church on sundays and holidays is about it for me.

I'm just saying I've dealt with supernatural forces before, but if all of you guys think it's a bad idea then I won't do it.

~Monica

Monica, I used to study Wicca, and though I am not practicing now, I know what you are talking about. I think contacting and channeling are two very different things. Why do you wish to channel your friend instead of simply contact her? I worry that if you try to channel your friend, you may not actually get her, but something else, and open yourself up to an unpleasant or dangerous experience. I would hate to see you let in a less than savory entity, in your attempt to make contact with your friend. Do you know anyone with experience contacting spirits? If so, maybe they could help you. Otherwise, I think it could be very dangerous.

Don't try and dabble with this yourself, it can be very dangerous. If you really feel strongly about trying to contact your friend, do some research and try and find a reputable, trustworthy medium (there are a lot of charletans out there just out to make a fast buck) to try and put you in touch. The spirit person you want to speak to doesn't always come through though, you can't always pick and choose who to communicate with.

I really believe your friend will know how much you miss her. I lost a very close friend in March and miss him terribly, but I believe somehow he'll know that and know when I'm thinking of him.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

You need to be so careful. When I was 17, I went to Salem and got this stuff that I was supposed to carry around in this little bag. It was some kind of love potion but it was really pretty smelling herbs and stuff (not a liquid like ya see on Harry Potter). It was supposed to make the next boy I came in contact with fall in love with me. Well, it worked! BUT, after three years, I broke up with him. He stalked me and turned some of my freinds against me, ect.-it was awful.Then, he married one of my co-workers and the night before the shower, he told my friend(his cousin) he was still in love with me!Needless to say, he divorced butI never tried witchcraft again after that. What your talking about is the sprit world. I've had dreams of loved ones where they've talked to me-visits. Why don't you try to think about her before you go to sleep. Mabey while you're in that relaxed state, she'll come to you.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I agree with pianolover and many of the others on the board. I believe in spirits, but have also heard about channeling the wrong entities. I would merely try to establish contact, if that is what you are familiar with, and leave it at that.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It's been a little over a year since I lost one of my friends to Brain cancer. He was only 22 when he died, but fought the disease since he was 16.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Just stating upfront -- I don't believe in this at all.

BUT - whenever I want to do something that I don't know how to do, and it's something involved, I go to the library and read authoritative books about it. Then, I contact an expert in the field and work with the expert.

That's what I would do here too.

Oh im sorry I did not know you were wiccan. Im sorry if i offended you. Im at a point where i have trouble believing anything these days.

PS. I was in a bad mood too sorry!