Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all,
    I was wondering, how much is normal to remember of your childhood? I feel like I just remember very brief snippets, and its like a freeze frame, but I can't remember what goes on before or after it, and I was just wondering if that is normal or not? I feel like I don't remember enough, but Im not sure. Maybe its fine.

I use to remember a lot but as I am get older I find I only remeber a few tidbits here and there. Smells will trigger some things like Listerine reminds me of my nana's bathroom whenI was 3, and the air after a spring rain reminds me of being at my sister inlaws when I was 6. I remember things that were memorable (noce or not) but there are a lot of things I can't remember at all clearly.
    My husband is 24 and can't remember ANYTHING the when he was younger than about 12. A few things about his mom and her work and things she did around the house and on holidays but nothing much about himself, except where he sees a few pictures he might remember something about that day.

Bottom line is I don't think that it is abnormal. I think it just depends where there is to remember.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

i dont think theres a certain amount u SHUD remember otherwise ur a bad person (or whatever, lol) people have unique memories... remember differnt things, at differnt times.

im sure those memories are stored in ur brain somewhere, they just have to be retrieved, and for some people they can only be replayed at certain times.

i dont remember hardly NETHING of my childhood, but i think nthats cause i actively tried to make it that way.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey there!

Yeah it prolly depends on the person. It just seems a lot of things that i do remember aren't very good things. I just seem to rememeber like little snippets of my mom yelling or things of that sort. I guess the important thing tho is that you overcome things that happened and make a better life for yourself, because whats done is done, and it can't be unmade, so you just gotta work with what you got.

precisely galadriel. i believe it was my childhood that turned me into an emetophobic, anxious, depressed, anorexic freak.... but i have to use this to just become a stronger person and you know.... overcome it ...

its hard tho... especially on the days u can SEE ur parents just dont cre.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I hear you on that one Jenneh! I have offered to explain it to my dad and show him this site, but he just doesn't want to hear it. Same way with my IBS and such. I hear you! It makes it really hard sometimes.

Hiya,

I remember loads from my childhood, my family always think its strange at jus how much i remember. For example I remember what i was wearing in certain memories, or wat I was eating etc...
    It turns out that i have a really gd long term memory, but my short term memory sucks. My friend can say something to me and then 3 seconds later I have to ask again cuz i have forgotten.

Rachel xxx
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>

I'm the same way. I have a great long-term memory. My earliest memory is when I was 2 1/2 and my newborn sister was being brought home from the hospital. But I am a ditzy blonde when it comes to remembering stuff I'm supposed to buy at the store, or where I left my keys. But I remember all kinds of things from childhood. Some good and some not-so-good.

Galadriel, im sorry to hear about the attitude of ur dad... but as my friend said earlier yestrday, maybe they just dont want to realise u have ne kinda seirous problem lke this, cause it makes them kinda responsible for helping you overcome it.. if u see what i mean..

i try and think of my parents lke that, it doesnt hurt quite so much then.

Jen xxxx

MSN:

I thought my earliest memory was being ill at age 4... now I think I might have been even older than that.. 5 or 6 even, I struggle to recal much before highschool atall though- theres just a few snapshot memories, n thats worrying considering Im only 20!

Although I'm still a child (12) I do remember, I guess, more than most
    people my age do about early childhood. My earliest memory is
    probably... when I was one and a half, give or take a few monthes, and
    I was hiding behind a door holding the book "A Cat In The Hat" and then
    my Dad coming in the room. I also remember when I turned 2, and some
    other random stuff from when I was 2. I also remember my brother being
    born when I was 3, and pretty much everything after that.
    -Anna