Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

In my frequent desperate attempts at rationalizing my irrational fear of v*, I try to ask myself "what is it about v* that I'm actually afraid of?" I can never think of what I find most frightening - sometimes I think it's the loss of control, that my stomach is acting in strange and violent ways and it's taking me along for the ride. Other times I think it's the unpleasant physical sensations - you know what I mean, I don't want to upset anyone by describing them. Yet other times I think it's that other people are going to look at me as weak, or that they'll start mothering me and fussing, or that they'll be disgusted and look at me differently from then on. I guess it's impossible for me to say what I find the worst, since I am afraid of so many different aspects. What does everyone think, what's the worst for you?

I have heard that phobias aren't an actual fear of something, but rather the anxiety that that something creates.

I think that's true for me - the most horrifying part of v*ing for me is the horriblel, anxious buildup before.

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

I wish I knew the answer to that question. I just hate the whole concept, and wish it didn't exist!!!

I hate all of it, but I totally agree with greeneyezjaded - the build-up is the worst.

I think the n* and anticipation of thinking ofwhetheror notor going to v* is the worst for me
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

all of it for me [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

The worst thing for me is v*ing in front of anybody as I think they will be repulsed by me and the terrible mess I've made, hence my biggest fear is v*ing in public.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I think for me, its the unknown.. if I had to v*, I wouldn't know what to do. When is the time to go for the toilet? what do I do with my body when its time? What happens if there's no restroom around? What would it be like to v*? What would other people think of me v*? Would they be disgusted (bad!) or feel sorry for me (just as bad!)? Plus, the n* is horrible too!