Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Website for Information and Help

Therapist and recovered emetophobic, Anna Christie, (Sage)’s website:

http://www.emetophobiahelp.org

COMING EARLY 2020 : DIY online course to recover from emetophobia using traditional CBT.
    Last edited by sage; 08-06-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Website for Information and Help

Hi Sage,
    i have been talking with my 13 year old son about horrify he feels of the idea of vomiting,emetophibia is a complete new concept for me . at the moment he avoids foods that had made him vomit before and also he hasn't been able to go swimming any more after vomiting after a swimming gala competition .i dont know how to start dealing and supporting him. i have been reading a lot but it is so much information about it. shall i contact my doctors about it or what can i try at home to support him?

Default Re: Website for Information and Help

Hi All, I am new to this forum. My 8yo seems to have developed emetophobia over the last 6 months. She had a couple of severe panick attacks last year, where she was saying she was going to be sick but was terrified. Since then she has had more panick attacks and has started to be highly vigilant about situations that could lead to vomiting. She has been washing her hands more, monitoring what she eats and avoiding situations she associates with the panick attacks. I’m interested to hear peoples experience of using the home system for children on the web page advertised above? She is attending a play therapist who is working in supporting her confidence and managing her anxiety, however I’d be interested to hear peoples experience of how they have been able to support their children. There are so many systems advertised online and it’s difficult to know whether they are just scams! Thanks in advance!