Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Buscopan

Im currently on buscopan for my ibs..

I took one at 11:45, and another now at 3:45 so 4 hours inbetween I was thinking of taking a snack and then another at 7:45 waiting 30mins as i usually do, then have dinner, at 8:15 odd..

I have been told to take 3 a day, well it says on the box, but id only ever managed to take 2 with everything that has been going on recently in my life.

Does that sound alright?

Ive already taken my second, I forgot to wash my hands and I had been touching the keyboard and my fingers touched my lips, I am currently extremely freaked out by that fact actually =( as my hands arent always clean when im on the keyboard as I clean walk back and forth type ect then come back.. so so scared

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im not actually thinking again about when I did take the first one, and I cant really remember, im pretty scared that I havent left it long enough

I really am worried now that I havent left it long enough of ive ended up taking to much!! ugh :S

I would say if you are suppose to take 3 to take 3 or you may find that the ibs isn't totally taken care of there. You may want to ask your doctor or tell him.
    If you are fine on 2 a day say to him...I am only taking 2 a day BUT im fine. He will tell you for sure whether or not that is ok. He knows how sever your Ibs is and your medical background.

I wouldn't worry in actual fact you are better not washing your hands every time you turn around. Your body needs to build immunity and the only way it can do that is through exposure. I don't mean not washing after going to the bathroom or handing garbage but everyday touching and facial or oral contact.
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you had touched something really contaminated before using the keyboard.

Melissa
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

hey there, thankx for your reply..

my ibs isnyt great on 2 and ive taken 3 once and it wasnt to great on that either, its a bit up because of stress..

just read the leaflet and it says that the dosage can be increased to 2 tablets 4 times a day, so im thinking I should be alright?

3 times a day is usually morning noon and night (or breakfast, lunch and dinner)

4 hours is a good chunk of time in between I can't see it being a problem for you. It is just an antispasmatic which relieves the spasms in the stomach, intestine and even sever menstral cramping. Up to 6 can be taken on some prescriptions througoutout the day.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Depending on how long you have been on them I would say you should talk to you doctor about it and have him change the prescription for you either but how many you take or the prescriptionall together.
    I have had IBS for years and I just haven't bothered taking anything for it. Bad me. I just haven't had the time with a 3 year old, a husband and full time work.

Hi there [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I suffer with IBS too and I also take Buscopan. Please do not worry in the slightest about the amount you are taking and the time in between! I never ever take mine at set times, just when I remember. I take 6 a day but sometimes I take 2 at say 8pm and then again about 10pm before I go to bed (I am not very good at remembering to take them regularly!) When I was prescribed them, I was told it didnt matter about leaving time in between taking them and then eating - apparently they dont work around a time zone in this way. Its all about the dosage you take in the day, not when.

Hope this helps....

Clare X