Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok, so the towel ive been using to wash my hands ect and eat with them after using it, ive just noticed how horrible it smells totally, its awful, i want to cry i just want to burst into tears and curl up in a ball and die

seriously im shaking im SO upset, im fed up im alone i know no one, i want my mum, what a big baby but i want my mum!!!!!!!!!!

Im SO affraid that smell is going to make me ill theres 3 towels that smell like it but i dont know why as the other one that was washed with them doesnt, ive been eating with my hands after drying them with it ugh, Im gona pack my things, i want to go home!!

this stupid thing has pushed me over the edge..

oh and her sis is coming (my gf's) for 4 days so ive been "told" ugh, I cant do this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anyone out there, im starting to feel dizzy and faint with a headache, this is anxiety and stress i know, but its hitting me hard, im freaked out, im fed up, and i cant deal with this.

I give up.........

Hey babe, sorry you didn't get any response but don't give up just yet. The natural response to moving is going to be to want to run all the way back to some place you know is safe. I know what you're going through because I've been there myself and it sucks. Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do, though like you need me to tell you that. Have you explained to your GF that you are feeling so bad right now and would love her support?
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Ive told her that I need more support and all she said was well she doesnt know if she is strong enough for it, its alright that I didnt get any responses ive been moaning enough around here as it is, its only to be expected..

I just worry about everything at the moment, If I could feel settled and just not utterly dirty no mater how clean it is, id feel alright, I just dont

Im here!! sorry lol, im probaly the last person to talk to, as i don't think im very helpfull.

Please try and stay calm. I think a lot of the reason you feel ill, is due to getting worried. Its like sometimes you may not even no your doing it, like the ohter night my mum left to go on holiday and i felt really ill and thought i was going to be ill, but i knew it was because i was worried. I think even sometimes we imagine things. Im sure whatever the smell was you will be fine, please stay calm as worrying will make it 10 times worse. Right now i have a really bad stomach ache and my back hurts and i thought to myself im going to be ill, but i think mines due to my diet, so i try not to worry and do things to calm down, like making lego models lol. Maybe watch some tv, draw? or write down how you feel to take your mind off it.

Ruth -x-

sorry if that makes no sense..im rambling..lol
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

hey ruth, thank you for coming over hun..

yea im going to need to try distract myself, ive just never had to rely on myself with the phobia, even though no one at home understood atleast they were there, now well theres nothing

Awww *hugs* i will always talk if you ever need to, feel free to chat anytime[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. My ps is always on, and if im not on it i check it every so often lol (where would we be without our computers lol) if im not on here im either making lego models or stupid films lol. Yeah its best to try and distract yourself. Im trying to think of some idea's to give to you lol. Heres a list of links and things, enjoy[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]-

http://www.joecartoon.com/
    http://www.bored.com/
    http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/
    http://www.subservientchicken.com/

Ruth -x-Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

Hi Violet, Just want to tell you that I get that smelly towel thing every once in a while and I, too, get nervous about using it and wiping my hands, etc. Nothing will happen to you, I swear. We use a wash cloth to clean my little 4 year old's hands and sometimes hang it up again for later. I always smell it before but my hubby doesnt' so I know he uses it on him. When I smell it later, it is awful. Thankfully nothing has happened. Try to take it easy............take care also........</font>

my smelly towels are from me leaving them in the washer too long before i dry them (((((((HUGS))))))) to you. get on www.neopets.com...kids site.......but addicting!

Rebecca

Hi Violet...

I'm so sorry that the move isn't living up to your expectations yet, but please give it time. These things are always difficult and people take time to get used to different situations.

After all the effort you've put into making this move I hope you don't decide to go home, after all, you've got to make the move sometime and the hardest part is done!! Is there any way you can join some kind of class or club up there so you can start to get out and meet new people, maybe make some friends there?? I don't know what you are into but is there a community centre or something that may hold, for example a yoga class or aerobics... or a leisure centre with a tennis club, karate or something... Maybe this would help with emet too - excercise can make us feel better, and happier!

About the towel thing - I dunno! Stick it in the wash and put it down to experience - you'll be fine!

Just a thought - we are all here for you, please don't give up....

xx

hey guys,

thankx for coming over and leaving some replys, im still feeling on edge ect, but today is another day, its still all tiring and my ibs doesnt know what to do with its self, but, im going to try relax in some way, my tummy is off today but il no doubt have a whine about that later, lol, you guys must be sick of me now...

thank you so much for your input and support with this it means SO much to me x

Hey violet, sorry this is late. Anyhow, moving is a pain in the butt. You're under a lot of stress and you seem like me stress=anxiety=emet issues. Hang in there. You seem to be doing a bit better and it will keep getting better. Plus we are always here for you!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

hey Simply,

thankx, dont worry about this being a bit late I dont mind, im freaking out a bit atm anyway, my gf has gone to bed feeling pretty ill I dont really feel right, and I feel like im going to have d* but dont know if that is stress..

its all a bit of a pain lol, especially being 300odd miles from my mum

thankx for dropping by x

Hi, Violet! Sorry it has taken me 2 days to respond to your thread, it;s just I've been away.

My towels get smelly too, but that's because we don't have a ventilation fan in our bathroom and so they do not dry that fast. Trust me, you won't get sick from them. Toss them in the wash, everything will be cool.

It's going to take some getting used to for you and your gf. She needs to learn to support you and to help avoid triggers, and you need to learn how to live around a non-emet. I know your mum is a non-emet, but someone you are intimately involved in is different.

Everyting will be ok, honest.

And don't feel bad about wanting your mum. I'm 32 and still call home when I am really not feeling well. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]