Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I seem to have picked up a nasty little cold/flu bug. So far it has limited
    itself to fevers, fatigue, a very runny nose and a sore throat. The sore
    throat however is the thing that's giving me the most trouble because it's
    making me REALLY queasy. I don't even want to drink water (though I do,
    and then I spend an hour convincing myself to keep it down). My stomach
    actually feels okay, but the nausea is just relentless.

Any idea of what I can do? I don't really want to spend a week like this,
    and since I'm taking penicillin for something else I can't really do much in
    the way of OTC cold medications. I can take Tylenol for the fevers, but
    what else can I do? I'm miserable.

And, er, should I be worried that I have a cold while on antibiotics?

- Anna, fretting herself into a frenzy

No you shouldn't worry that you have a cold while on antibioditcs, you can catch virus's while on the meds. I am slowly getting over a wicked sore throat and head cold now its in my chest. Sore throats make me feel sick, what I did was gargle with warm water with salt. It calms down the throat and helps get the bacteria out of throat. For the nausea, you can take a anti-nausea pill or just try to get through it. Suck on some ice chips, popsicles or something that is cool for the throat. Hope this helps, and make sure you drink fluids, water or even o.j.
    Hope you feel better

Hi Anna, your sore throat is most likely from the mucus running out of your sinuses down your throat, which is going into your stomach and making you queasy. Drink lots of water or clear fluids (I like Sprite) and try to eat some bread or toast to soak that stuff up.

I recommend Benadryl. It will help clear your nose up, but it also helps with nausea, so it would be helping with everything in your case.

Take care, and feel better soon.

Hi Anna, I caught a nasty cold after a long haul flight from Australia to the UK last year and felt just how you describe. For a few days I could only suck on popsicles as I felt so queasy and my throat was so sore. I went through 5/6 a day. I eventually went to the doc who said it was just a virus, but it made me feel so bad as I was badly dehydrated from the flight. I don't drink on flights as it makes me feel n*.

So I would suggest sucking on ice or a popsicle to keep up your fluids, as dehydration will make you feel bad.

Hope you feel better soon. Mx

Hey anna! I just got over that nasty cold stuff last week.....i still have a lingering cough. Anyway, i was just like you,I felt n* and like i didn't ever want to eat. Basically i ate a lot of crackers and sipped soda and gingerale and it helped me out. I forced myself to eat becuase i didn't want to take meds on an empty stomach. I just lived off of dayquil and nyquil the whole time! Anyway, i hope you feel better very very soon!
    ~Mandi~

take a nasal decongestant to help dry up your sinus cavities, then you will not feel queasy.
    \"This too shall pass\"