Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Im just curious as to any methods that other emetophobics have come upwith to keep from vomiting when bad nauseated. Ifeel that I have done some extreme things which seem to work so far but am curious as to others measures to avoid it. To be honest,....Im not sure how strong I would be in a situation where I could not control it and wonder to what extreme I would go too......I know that sounds bad. Im new here so the newness has not worn off,....just really weird,...strange,...that other people have this and I guess Im somewhat wondering if they reallllllyyyy have it ........like me. Im not talking about just afraid,.....Would love to find someone toe-mail stories as well,....or just to get to know someone who has this. So far,...I have been the only one my whole life and the only one that anyone knows,...as far as my family and career and friends,.......

35, married 12 years,...3 children,,,,phobic since age 5 with medical treatment as a child but for "nervous stomach",...never labled as phobia. Even in my teens,..saw several psyc....and they never understood and triedmany ways to find the cause. I grew up in a loving home,....no divorce,...church and strong faith,...mother never worked,....no trigger events,.....

yeah

i think alot of us have it as bad as you and some worse i myself have spent time on psyciatric wards stopped eating and drinking and because of this i am ashamed to say attempted suicide so yeah i think we do as for not vomiting i have not in15 years but have come close witth my kids

lyndsayanne

i drink peppermint tea, chamomolle tea, or ginger tea when my stomach feels off. I also always have phenegren on hand. I take Dramamine when i fell n. The original formula is the only one that works. I have beating sv's several times and food poisong as well with it. When i get n....i take 2 dramamine and i am better in 30 min or so. I also PRAY PRAY PRAY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

just a note that I can't move this topic from this section (sorry, but us mods only have rights on some)...but this is totally in the wrong place in case you don't get much reply. It belongs under General Discussion or even Questions & Answers. If you get no response, then perhaps start another topic and forget this thread. Just trying to help.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Oh yeah, people on here really have it, just like you. I think that over time as you read posts, you'll soon stop wondering about that.

Hi,

My method is to put very cold water on the face and the neck and
    sometimes on the body, i also eat some extra-strong mint candy it makes
    me breath better because the breathing action, here, is very important
    (for me anyway) and i also try to relax althought it might sound
    difficult to do during a V***ting attack.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.

pepto bismol .. polo'swater and cold fresh air

one time i had a very bad experience with some birth control....i sat in an ice cold shower for 30 min till i felt better...it helped!