Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: SV advice

My boyfriend v* last night [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Needless to say, I feld downstairs and left him to it.

He ate some scampi at about 3.30pm which he said tasted fine, worked until midnight and felt OK but woke me up when he was sitting on the edge of the bed feeling ill at about 1am.

He blames the scampi but surley if it was off 1) it would have tasted funny and 2) it wouldn't have taken to so long to make a reappearance. I've just spoken to him and he's had d* and has eaten some chicken and bread and his stomach is 'bubbling up'.

We're supposed to be eating out tonight but I'm worried that he'll be ill again [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

He only v* the once so could this be an SV - any advice please?
    Nikki

Awww im sorry, i hope he feels better soon and that your ok. Try not to panic, it could have been the scampi, food poisoning can take a hile to hit, then it suddenly hits you i think, thats what happened to my mum, she felt fine for hours then all of a sudden it hit her and she was ill, and the people at her work found the same thing, so it could just be that, also if he has eaten, it shows he has some appetite?. I hope your ok and try not to worry. Take care.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think a 10 hour gap between eating and v* might indicate food poisoning. It could though be a sv. How often has he had d*? V* once and lots of d* sounds like it could be either. It's hard to say. Whether you go out tonight really should depend on how he is feeling - if it is a sv or fp, he won't be up to a night out I'm sure. However, sometimes people do get short term v* and d*, and in a few hours all is well. Best to wait and see.

Thanks for the advice.

When I spoke to him he said he still felt rough but was eating so he can't be that bad! I think he'd only had d* once but was going to go again when I spoke to him

I suggested not going out but he said he'd probably be fine - I just don't want to catch it if it's an sv. I wish I could be as light-hearted about it as he is [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Nikki

i hope he's feeling better soon [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.