Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know we are mostly females on here so I thought I'd share an email I got today. Apparently there are graphic parts to the video, I just minimized it and listened (no v* or d* references etc, it's emet friendly). I've emailed it to a couple of you (who email I have). Hope it is useful.

Please take a moment to watch this.
    Ø http://ww3.komotv.com/global/video/p...layer.asp?Clip ID1=785456
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I got the same email this am...how strange....it's very scary......
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

hnmmmm...it wont load. Keep saying "loading video"- has been for the past 10 minutes.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, it takes a very loooooooooooong time to come up...
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

THat was rreeaalllyy good!! I reccomend watching it, and not minimizing.. thanks for posting that...

I've never heard of IBC
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

what is it about?? im very squimish so i'd just like to know what it contains before i watch anything that might scar me. lol thanks!

-hayley
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

THere is no v* or anything. The video is based on women's lack of knowledge about the fact that there is more than one type of breast cancer; specifically Inflamatory Breast Cancer (IBC). It is the most aggressive form of breast cancer, and is often mistaken for a bug bite, and patients are prescribed antibiotics. By the time many women discover that they are suffering from breast cancer, it is often in stage 4 and your body is ridden with the cancer. The video actually SHOWS what the signs of this cancer are on actual breasts. (Inverted nipple, and a rash-like appearance). It is very good, and I highly reccomend watching it, especially since there was a 16 year old who died from it (she was too embarrassed to tell her mother that her breasts looked funny).
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

wow..i watched it and that is very sad and scary...
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

WOW--I've never heard of this! Now I feel better that I do, and can watch for this. Thank you!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Glad you guys found it useful. It is scary but knowledge makes it less so.Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Wow...scary..thank you for the info.

thank you...i appreciate that...isnt it amazing the things we dont know about ourselves??

i never heard of ibc. my grandma dies of breast cancer, but my mom never told me which one, that and she had maybe 2 or 3 other (cancers) that took her out before she was 50... i'll look into it because it's just a matter of time before i'll be seeing my doctor again.
    thanks for sharing the video. i really appreciate it
    shanythia*

Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I have never heard of IBC before, now I can pass this information along to other women I know.

Thank you so much for sharing this SimplyMe. I am in a higher risk category for getting breast cancer as my mum died of it, so I've been having mammograms since my late twenties and know quite a bit about it. But I have never heard of this type of breast cancer before and am quite shocked - whyever aren't we told about this, when we are tought about different cancers and self-examining etc. I've spoken to doctors andnurses about breast cancer and they never mentioned it. There difinitely needs to be more awareness about it. I'll be doing some onlinereading into it to try and find out more.

I've just volunteered to take part in a national research study to find the causes of breast cancer. It will be interesting to see how much the people involved with this know about IBC.

Thanks again [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Just thought that I would post this:

[img]uploads/images/tayda/CD9_symptoms.jpg[/img]