Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

....Indicative that I'm going to get morning sickness or have issues with n* related to birth control? I just wonder since I tend to get pre-menstrual n* a lot and lose my appetite when I have my period. I also wonder if pregnancy hormones will have the same effect on me? Also, I'm a virgin but probably want to go on the pill eventually. However, it worries me a little since I know a lot of people who have had bad n* with it.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I took the pill for 10 years with no N*. After I had children, I tried to go back on them but couldn't tolerate them. They make "low dose" pills now that are really mild and you should be okay. Everyone is different.

BandNerd
    BandNerd

There might be a correlation between the two. The women I know who were never able to take the pill because of n* issues, all had really bad morning sickness. The few who didn't, never had n* while on the pill. Another indicator is if your mom suffered from it. That's sometimes an indication of whether or not you will suffer from it.

But, the bottom line is, if you want a baby, you will put up with anything in order to get that bundle of joy at the end of 9 months.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I have been on the pill on and off for 17 years and have never had true nausea. In the last 2 years, maybe a couple of days before my period, I do sometimes have some mild nausea, but I attribute that to the fact that I am older now, and my hormones are probably changing.

My mother never had any morning sickness whatsoever but I do think she told me that she didn't tolerate the pill well, which is funny. Most of my PMS nausea seems to be like just an "Ewww" kind of feeling that gets a little better when I eat. It seems like what people describe with pregnancy.

It's definitely not going to stop me from having many kids, unless I end up having daily sv* type symptoms for the entire nine months. What encourages me the most is that doctors can now prescribe anti-emetics and that I'm one of those emets that v*s VERY rarely.

Edited by: csjones
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I would have horrible nausea before my period, but since being on the pill, don't get anything. I don't think that how you experience your period is a good indicator of whether you will experience bc-related nausea, or nausea due to morning sickness.

No two pregnancies are alike- a woman may experience horrible morningsickness with her first child, and then go on to have another and not experience anything. It really does depend on how her body at that time is reacting to the pregnancy and how the baby is growing. My cousin was fine with her first two kids, but felt completely disgusting when she was pregnant with her daughter. My mom had brutal morningsickness when she was pregnant with me (morning sickness for 8 months), but had relatively little with my brother.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yep, I've heard the same thing. My sister in law had no morning sickness when pregnant with my niece but apparently had some with her most recent pregnancy. I find these things to be interesting. For a while when I was younger I was convinced that I wanted to become a midwife.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I get really tired before my period very anxious and nausea, hormons have alot to do with it, and the pill gives off the hormons and I was on the pill for awhile and I got nausea alot too it's all the hormons they put into the pill so there's alot of good things about the pill but there is alot of bad things and nausea is one of them and being tired is one of them I get awful headaches before my period it's awful I'm not on the pill anymore due increased anxiety from it. I was on depo shot it had alot of side effects man did it! so didn't take that anymore haha but yes the pill does cause nausea.

I've had the same question! I get really bad cramps, that sometimes make me feel n*... my mom said she used to get the same way, and would have to stay home from school some days when she was a teen because she thought she would v*. though, she said she was on the pill for awhile and it didn't bother her at all, in fact it just made her not get cramps anymore which she was thankful for! and she didn't get morning sickness. she said she would feel a little bad in the mornings if she got up too fast, but she kept crackers by her bed and would eat them before getting out of bed, and that made her feel fine. and she said the only time she was sick in either of her pregnancies, was with my sister, and it wasn't morning sickness... I think it was caused because she had to take iron pills for some reason? (and I havetaken iron before, because I used to be anemic, and I had no problem with them at all!). So, I don't think having bad periods will necessarily affect how a person feels while pregnant.

I had bad periods for years. Horrible cramps, n* and d*. When I was on the pill, those symptoms were dramatically reduced. I didn't get much n* from the pill, maybe a little when I was just starting to take it. I had some n* with both of my pregnancies, but not anything awful. Also, since I had my kids, my periods are much better.

I have had some period related N* and D* - usually the day before it starts or the first day. I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby and althoughI did get quite a bit of N* in the first three months I never V*. I was given cyclizine by my doctor to help the N*, I'm not sure if it did or not it just made me feel more confident.

With me I tend to feel nervous N* more than anything else. I can make myself feel S* just by worrying about it, if that makes sense! I wonder if some of my Morning S* N* was all in my mind.

I'm slightly worried about labour as I've heard of women sufferingV* and D* in labour and I'm afraid that period-related N* and Morning S* will make me more susceptible to this.Edited by: ladymoonlight