Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, after 10 months of being a resident on this forum, the time has come for me to move on. When i first joined, i used to visit 2 - 3 times a day and it was a great help reading stories from others and sharing experiences etc., and even when my youngest was ill last November, you were all there for me, giving me support and encouragement - i will never forget this.

As some of you might remember i started up a charity called Local Opportunities & Awareness of Down's syndrome in January 2002. However, due to a nasty b* who basically turned the committee members against me, i resigned on December 20th. Again, you were all here for me.

However, on February 1st, not being content with sitting at home, relaxing, i started up another project called Positive Aspects. Its a free bimonthly email newsletter for anyone who has an interest in any disability, mental health issues and/or illness from anywhere in England. It has taken off to the point i now have 1500 people registered and get about 20 new members a day.

So, the time has come for me to move on. I will still visit from time to time and i will never forget you all.

If any of you want to get my email newsletter, just mail me on [email protected] and i'll send it.

Good luck to you all and thanks for being here for me when i needed you. Through Positive Aspects, i now feel a completely new person and last week, when my friends little girl was sick right in front of me, i helped her, rather than run away. In fact i was more calm than my friend - something i never thought possible.

I am happy to say after 38 years, i think i've finally got control of this b* thing called emet! - until the next outbreak, anyhow!

Love and best wishes

Trudy x x

Hey, i don't think i've spoken to you before on here, but i would like to wish you all the best and i hope it all goes really well for you, well done for controlling this, it takes a lot, good luck with everything, take care[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm really happy to hear that you're dealing with your emet better and wish you the best of luck with positive aspects! We will miss you and hope you have a lot of success with your new thing!

Goodbye Trixie!

I don't know whether we've ever chatted really, but I just wanted to say well done with your new venture, it sounds like you're really trying to do your bit for the disadvantaged/less fortunate folk out there - very inspirational indeed!

Congrats also on getting control of your Emet, thats great - just goes to show - there is hope for the rest of us!!

I hope that things continue to get better for you, and we'll see you around i'm sure..

Take care

Kimmy x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I'm sorry to see you going Trudy, but realise your reasons for moving on. What a wonderful thing you are doing starting up your new project and I wish you much success with that. All the very best with everything else, I hope you continue doing well with your emet (good on you for coping so well with your friend's little girl) and wish you and your family much happiness. Take care x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Bye Trudy!

I'm sorry to see you go, but I wish you luck on more recovery and on your new project! Remember, we're always here.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Aw Trudy, I'm really sad that you're leaving us but also happy that you have found something so positive in your life. You have been a great help to me here and I won't forget that. Remember we're here for you whenever you need us.

My very best wishes to you and the family. You have my email address so if ever you need to chat, don't forget where I am!

Good to hear you are doing good with your emet.

Good luck on with Positive Apects!! Take care!!

I'm not sure we have ever chatted but good luck with everything! I hope you continue to be able to handle your emet!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!