Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm 13 and on my way to 8th grade this story was from 6th grade. I was on a camping trip with my class during the spring time and my class were all grouped into different cars and I had to switch cars and ended up with people I never talk to so I was upset and acted all mean and stupid but then I realized that I had a lot incommon with these people and everything was going perfect I was having fun, I was laughing, and it was all perfect and then....dun dun dunnnnnn. Before I say what happened let me tell you the seating. It was a standard van 2 front row seats 2 middle row seats and 3 in the back I was sitting in the middle in the back. We just started a conversation about something random and then the girl in the left middle seat was pointing at the girl to her right yelling "she's turning green" repeatedly and then the chaperone pulled over the sick girl jumped out and ran off into the empty field and...you know...meanwhile in the van I had a panic attack I had my legs pulled up to my chest and I started crying I tried to explain to them why I was crying and surprisingly they took it well they tried to calm me down and everything it was very nice of them especially because I was in a clique and on that same trip they dumped me and I wound up riding back with the same people. No one got sick this time. Thank god. I wish I could back to that day so much even though someone got sick I had a lot of fun with that group. Sadly I only became good friends with one of them the rest I only talk to ocassionally. Well that was my little story.

That must have been scary for you, I know I would have really panicked being in the same car with somebody who got ill. But something positive came out of it and you made some new friends includingone close friend!Your storyalso points out how people can be very supportive towards us with our phobia and not automatically dismiss us for being silly or make fun of us, like we may imagine them to.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey welcome! That was really great the way your classmates reacted, I'm going to be a junior in high school and I can't share will ALL of my classmates for fear that they will be mean or condescending about it. Sometimes there are situtations when it just sort of comes out though [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]. Anyway, welcome!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i am new as well...so welcome aboard!! you will get some great support from the people on here...anyway as tcsarah stated...just look at the positive from this situation!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

you fear vomiting, I fear run on sentences. I hope 8th grade does you some good lol.[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

Just like to say, that Clown smilie face gives me the creeps...LoL

Anyway welcome to the boards! I've never had an expereince where someone laughed at me or made fun of me for being an emet...NEVER. Some people just don't get it and ask me like 100 questions about it, but I've never been laughed at. The only people who don't get it are my parents. But that's another story for another day. Welcome again!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Quote Originally Posted by tuk1
    you fear vomiting, I fear run on sentences. I hope 8th grade does you some good lol.[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

Wow, that was a bit snarky. Maybe having to evacuate two frightened cats from the building (apartment a few floors above me was on fire) has made me a bit touchy, but to me this seems unecessary.

Yes, we all have our pet peeves when it comes to grammar and structural errors, but on a forum such as this what someone says is more important than how they say it. We're here to support each other- not criticize someone's sentence structure.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm with you Amber, but I have to add to tuk1.....In addition to
    fearing vomiting, I also fear sentences that aren't properly
    capitalized. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

Wow, that was a bit snarky. Maybe having to evacuate two frightened cats from the building (apartment a few floors above me was on fire) has made me a bit touchy, but to me this seems unecessary.

Yes, we all have our pet peeves when it comes to grammar and structural errors, but on a forum such as this what someone says is more important than how they say it. We're here to support each other- not criticize someone's sentence structure.

*amber*
    Sorry, in addition to fears I have my pet peeves, this was just a classic combination of the two.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Snarky it may have been, but I have always had an easier time reading things that are properly formatted and punctuated and broken into paragraphs rather than one block of text. Take a look at caligirl's original posting and then how I reformatted it:

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl510
    I'm 13 and on my way to 8th grade this story was from 6th grade. I was on a camping trip with my class during the spring time and my class were all grouped into different cars and I had to switch cars and ended up with people I never talk to so I was upset and acted all mean and stupid but then I realized that I had a lot incommon with these people and everything was going perfect I was having fun, I was laughing, and it was all perfect and then....dun dun dunnnnnn. Before I say what happened let me tell you the seating. It was a standard van 2 front row seats 2 middle row seats and 3 in the back I was sitting in the middle in the back. We just started a conversation about something random and then the girl in the left middle seat was pointing at the girl to her right yelling "she's turning green" repeatedly and then the chaperone pulled over the sick girl jumped out and ran off into the empty field and...you know...meanwhile in the van I had a panic attack I had my legs pulled up to my chest and I started crying I tried to explain to them why I was crying and surprisingly they took it well they tried to calm me down and everything it was very nice of them especially because I was in a clique and on that same trip they dumped me and I wound up riding back with the same people. No one got sick this time. Thank god. I wish I could back to that day so much even though someone got sick I had a lot of fun with that group. Sadly I only became good friends with one of them the rest I only talk to ocassionally. Well that was my little story.

I'm 13 and on my way to 8th grade.This story was from 6th grade. I was on a camping trip with my class during springtime and my class was grouped into different cars.I had to switch cars and ended up with people I never talk to. I was upset and acted all mean and stupid, but then I realized that I had a lot in common with these people and everything was going perfect. I was having fun, I was laughing, and it was all perfect and then...

Before I say what happened, let me tell you the seating. It was a standard van: 2 front row seats, 2 middle row seats, and 3 in the back. I was sitting in the middle in the back. We had just started a conversation about something random and then the girl in the left middle seat was pointing at the girl to her right yelling "she's turning green" repeatedly. Then the chaperone pulled over, the sick girl jumped out and ran off into the empty field and ... you know.

Meanwhile I had a panic attack. I had my legs pulled up to my chest and I started crying. I tried to explain to them why I was crying, and surprisingly, they took it well. They tried to calm me down and everything. It was very nice of them, especially because I was in a clique and on that same trip, they dumped me, and I wound up riding back with the same people. No one got sick this time. Thank God!

I wish I could go back to that day so much even though someone got sick. I had a lot of fun with that group. Sadly, I only became good friends with one of them; the rest I only talk to occasionally. Well, that was my little story.

See what a difference that makes?

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Was that completely necessary? Really?

I cannot believe this has turned from praising a young girl about achieving something really good, to critising her punctuation and text structure! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! May I just draw attention to the fact that she is THIRTEEN and is in the 8th grade! Im sorry but tuk1 I think this was completely unneccessary and am really appalled that you would say such a thing. After all, this is a site that is about helping people with their phobias and congratulating and supporting them on their triumphs!! I dont want to be afraid to post on this site for fear that someone will critise the way I write! I am really really shocked! I am shaking with anger that you could be so rude!

Caligirl - I'm really proud of you for the way you handled the situation in the car! I'm glad you made some extra friends too - they seem really cool if they understand this phobia. Well done girl!!!!

xx