Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, I posted yesterday (sorry to whine) - my next door neighbour had a sv, a kid threw up in my daughter's class - while I was there - etc etc. All stressful enough.

Anyway, today my kids were meant to go to a pool party, their dad was taking them. He called about 6pm to say he was bringing my daughter back early, she had v* a couple of times and was hot, shaky etc (cue panic!). Well, she gets back and this poor kid is clearly ill. Her temperature was 40c and she couldn't keep her eyes open. She also had a pin-prick rash on her face and neck - you know, the meningitis type rash that doesn't fade - and was still v* (I didn't care about this, I was more worried about her). I went into big panic and called 999. The ambulance was round in minutes and they took her to hospital. Thankfully they brought her fever down quickly and have diagnosed a UTI and tonsilitis. She is fine now, no more v*, no fever etc., but boy was it scary for a while.

Now, this next event is really making me panic. My son went to the pool party and tells me that a girl there v* before going in the pool and again when the party was over. It turns out that this kid had also v* earlier but told her mum she was feeling better! Also, the kid's dad had also been v* all day. Can you believe it? A mother has allowed a kid who has been v* all day to go to a party in a swimming pool? How damn irresponsible? I'm livid and scared. What is the chance of my son picking this bug up? In my mind it's 100% gonna happen.

This has been one hell of a day. I'm stressed to the limit.

Poor you, you have had a really terrible day. I am so glad your daughter is alright now. I had a similar scare when my daughter was 9 months old and it still haunts me now.

It is really bad that the ill child was sent to the pool party. Hopefully the chlorine in the pool would have killed off some of the germs. I really hope your son stays well. You have had enough to cope with already today.

My thoughts are with you and I hope your daughter continues to feel better and your son stays well. I really wish I could say something to make you feel better. I am so sorry that you have had such a bad day.

Thanks Curly, I know it's hard to say things to make any of us feel better when we feel surrounded by these things, but it's great to know that I have friends here who'll listen and understand.

My daughter seems fine, I've given her more ibuprofen and she's on antibiotics so I'm hoping the night will be peaceful. The pool episode will freak me for a few days though. I'm convinced there's something going round and my kids will get it. I hate the waiting!

Anyway, thanks for coming through, I appreciate it. And I'm so pleased for you that your hubby is finally coming home!

oh hun im sooo sorry you had such a rough day...you already know everyone is here for you if you ever need us...take care and i hope you have better days to come!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Suze, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, but glad that she is on the mend. Try not to worry too much about your son getting ill, chlorine kills everything. I hope you have a restful night.

Awwww, suze, I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope that you daughter gets to feeling better soon, and that your son remains well!!!! That was soooooo irresponsible for that family to bring a v'ign child to a pool party. I would be livid about that.

Keep us posted!!!!

Im sorry suze....I think your son should be fine with the chlorine and all. Did the kid v* in the pool at all? I can't believe that a parent would send a child to a party like that sick...!!!! Man, that is irritating!!! Keep us posted

Thanks everyone for your kind words. My daughter seems to have recovered and her temperature has been normal all day - it's so amazing how kids bounce back. She has been her usual cheeky mischievous self today and I feel very relieved after seeing her look and act so ill only 24 hours earlier.

I'm still worried about my son although so far he seems fine - I don't think the kid v* in the pool, just before and after (bad enough for me tho!!). I am hoping the chlorine will kill anything and that he'll be fine. It will still be a long night for me though. I have the added worry that there is something going round school now, as the ill kid is in his year. I so hate thinking and feeling this way.

Anyway, thank you all so much once again for your support. I hope I don't have to post any 'bad news' on this thread in the next few days! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sending only good thoughts your way suze!!!!

Do your children go to school year round?

Thanks JennyLeigh - yeah my kids's school year starts in september. They have a week off middle of october then go through to december. Two weeks off for Xmas, a week off in Feb, two weeks off at Easter anda week off late May/June. They then go through until late July when they break fo a 6 week summer vacation. Then, come September, it all starts again!