Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: how long ago did you become emet?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 yrs ago

4 4.17%
  • 3-5 yrs ago

10 10.42%
  • 5-7 yrs ago

7 7.29%
  • 8-10 yrs ago

5 5.21%
  • more than 10 yrs ago

70 72.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: how long ?

i believe i was 15 when it started for me...im almost 24 now!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

I've had it since I was a toddler - I'm 43 now. I've never known what it's like NOT to have it.

wow i cant imagine that, i hope i can manage to get over it someday!! but im sure we all hope for that!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

I think I was about 9 or 10 when it started. Maybe earlier, though, cuz I remember being neurotic about it as a small kid.

I think since I was about 11. Am now 32.

I think it was about 3 years ago, i never really thought about v* before and it was just something that happend when it happend, i mean i never liked it. I still havn't a clue what happend, there was one time i got really sick, and v* over 20 times and i got told it was my period?, but after the first few times, i got used to it and i just let it happen, then when it stopped, i slept, woke up and felt fine and ate some toast, but then i ate fine after that and didn't really fear it, i think it was just one night, i randomly felt n* and i sat downstairs for 2 hours shivering, i never v* but i hated it, and from then on, i kept feeling like it, and i think thats whats made me fear it so much, the whole wating to see if you v* part and the build up and shaking.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was always uncomfortable with it, but I would say it became a phobia around the age of 10 or 11.. by 14 I had given up on eating. I am now 28.
    \"This too shall pass\"

i've never liked it ... but i dont thinkk it was until i had my children that i became as scared as i am now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I became an emet when I was 13, and I am now 34.

My fear started in 1st grade...I will be 40, July 26th!!!!!!!!! So, forever i guess
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I think as long as I can remember, 6 years old I think.

For me it started during summer break between kindergarten and first grade (meaning I would have been like five or six)at a daycamp, where I got sick. I'm now 18 and have had the phobia ever since.

My fear probably reached its height in freshman and sophomore years of high school. I remember being so scared that I would sometimes go for up to four days without eating, because even though I knew that I was starving myself, I took comfort in the fact that I couldn't really"you-know-what" if I didn't have any food inside me.

Since then my fear has gotten better, but it's still not gone. I can nowusually tolerate people getting sick from drinking or drugs (because I have to deal with that quite often), but if someone is getting sick from some sort of contageousvirus... Forget it, I'm out of there and not going back for a week.Edited by: fish demon

it started when i was about 8 in the 2nd grade & i'm now 19 gonna be 20 in october. so pretty much most of my life.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Started when I was 7. The horrendous OCD-related panic attacks didn't
    start until about 13-14-- v* terrified me (my brother was sick when I
    was 8, and I totally lost control), but because I was rarely exposed to
    stomach viruses, I wasn't freaking out 24/7. I'm 20 now.

I would say more than 10 years ago. Probably around when I was 5 or 6.
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

mine was more than ten years, it started when i was three or four and i'm almost sixteen now.

<3 Anya--

PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Mine started about 11 years old.. and Im 25 now! phew.. makes me tired thinkin bout it! [img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]

I have had it since being a toddler as well and I am now 21

I was 2 when it started and it peeked at about age 11 (when I stopped wanting to places and eating and bugs) 16 when I got the rest.
    I am 27 now and have a pretty good grasp on it but it still controls certain areas of my life and I am still terrified to get sick myself.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

All my life. But when did I put a name to it and start to understand it? A little over a year ago.

It started for me 2 and a half years ago after a bad flu attack.