Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

heya you all.. i think it would be a good idea if we began to recognise our triumphs more. maybe, if all of us at the end of the day, we thought about our day and tell us one way (or more!) that u took control of emet that day... ((or even another mental health issue that u feel is a big thing in ur life!))

but.. smthing i wud say is, if we want to congratulate each other, write it on the same post as ur writing ur triumph... otherwise there wil jst be a lot of "welldone's" which is nice, of course!

so, what do you guys think?

maybe ill start off today...

ok, today, i went into Boots and got my friends photographs for her, so thats going against my social phobia where i would normally just refuse to go in any shops and speak to anyone.

as well as this, iv managed to not feel sick, ALL DAY from anxiety! thats a big triumph i think

Jen xxxxxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wahey! Go Jen! And that's quite a good idea actually. Um, ok I have a triumph: I went out with my mum to meet up with her friend and shebrought her little son with her and I didn't worry that hhe would v* which is usually the first thing that comes to my mind.

Hello ALL!

I definately have one, I have been having discomfort under my right rib, classic gall bladder atack symptoms as is runs in my WHOLE family ( they have had their's out) ...anyway instead of watching what i eat & not doing anything about it untill it gets really bad, i actually looked in my provider book & made an appt. to get this diagnosed, knowing that they will want to do surgery, as im having the classic early symptoms, pain after greasy meals etc.!!!!

So I am like OK LISA if you need surgery you WILL SURVIVE & be ok at the hospital!!!!!!!!

Thats my accomplishment for the week!!!!!!!

Well done guys!

My triumph for yesterday was that even though i felt really ill all day, i told myself it was in my head and I made myself go round my friends house to take my mind off it. And it worked! It wasnt real nausea at all cuz I was fine!

I havent done this one yet but tonight im going to this girls "summer party" there is undoubtably going to be alcohol there, but im really looking forward to it. I'm even going to have a couple of drinks myself! Definately gonna go!

Rachel xxx
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>

WOW you guys this is realy good!! i can look at this thread and just smile at how brave we all are! i think if we recognise our triumphs more often, thers less cahnce of us geting depressed... so i have another triumph..

today, i went to work, and for sum reason felt a bit icky wen i woke up... but i didnt think NETHING of it... so i didnt let the anxietyt rise up and up into a panic attack or nething lke that!

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is a really good idea!

I felt really ill all last week and was convinced I was going to get the bug thatis going round the school where I work but I forced myself to go in everyday.

And....

My friend came round today with her 18 month-old daughter and she was a tiny bit sick (just baby sick) but i didn't even flinch.

Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

WOw you guys have done sooo wonderfully.
    Hmmmm.....lets see...and yes I LOVE this idea....Well I didn't feel to hot when I went to work but I had to go at 5:3oam to open and run the store by myself till 9:00. I was able to finish my day have some lunch and even at 12:00 I was feeling nauseated and I managed to keep my cool. I took 2 tums extra strength and ate some mints and worked over time till 2:30!!!
    I still have some pains in my stomach but I don't feel ill at least and I made it.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

WELLDONE TO YOU BOTH

well i have a triumph already today, iv woken up with a cold or smthing or other... but immediately i thrt to myself, "what if its that sicness virus or flu" thats been going round.. so for a whie i wudnt let myself eat... but i have eaten now despite the risk i might be ill!! so yeah. lol

Jen xxxx

MSN:

Ooooh ooooh! I have one! Yesterday my mum said she was going to take us somewhere but wouldn't say where and I didn't panic! It turned out to be a zoo, but she could have gone to london or anywhere.

Hiya,

I went to the party last night and it was great! I had such a wicked time! There were people being sick upstairs but it didnt bother me. I even went to see a girl to see if she was ok, and then she tells me: "Yeah its a bug, iv had it all week". I was like [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Noooo! But surprisingly, i pushed it to the back of my mind and enjoyed the rest of the night! Phew...

And then today I went to work and this girl I work with told me she also thinks shes caught a bug from some children she works with. Great! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]So iv been surrounded by ill people all weekend... and the funny thing is, im not worried... Yet! Hopefully I wont catch anything. *touch wood* Ive been careful to watch my hands properly etc before eating so fingers crossed!

Rachel xxx
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>

i have had to triuphs today, not hughe triumphs but some improvement

my first is anon-emet triumph. I came 3rd in my trampolining competition!!! I'm sohapp. I'm the girl that isnt very good and it takes me a long time to learn new moves as I'm actually quite scared of trampolining, but I have done it! And I have A lovely sparkly trophy to prove it!!

My emet triumph is that I felt really really sick during my competition like I could actualy v*. It would of been so easy to just not compete and bounce around but I did it. I kind of had this stuff that came up to my throat 1/2 way through 2 of my routeens but I kept going and came 3rd, I maybe could of done better but in my last routeen I had to do 5 somersaults out of9 moves and I got a bit thrown off what I was doning thinking oh my god I eel sick and I'm upside down! But I did it!

Another mini triumph for me is that I have had loads to eat today! I think it may be comfort eating as I'm swapping house tonight, but still I had breckfast despite trampolining 2 hours latrer (usually i dont eat for 3 hours before I bounce around) I had some pasta and cheese for lunch and some strawberrys after (I ahrdly ever have something after a meal) I've been snacking and then had some potato and CHICKEN for dinner. I am a veggie but am going to try to eat some chicken once a week to get some protein etc etc.

Mini triumphs but exally as important as the big triumphs!!!

wow u guys are great... wish i had some triumphs to share with u all but i only have pitfalls and i dont want to dampen the mood! Keep going guys xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

awww Sarah, im sure there ARE some triumphs u are doing evryday, even if they are only little!!! like... even tho i read somewhere u cant bear lookin at ur daughter incase she is sick.. but im sure u DO look at her dont you? im sure u DO spend time with her and stuff? thats a triumph honey!!

and Izzy and Rachelle.. you have both done SO WELL! i read all these posts and just smile my face off... welldone

i know im a right hypocrit and have posted without having ne triumph to write about, lol, but i just wanted to make sure Sarahx is indeed triumpin everyday

jen xxxx

MSN:

Good job everyone! Jenneh, this is a great idea!

I have some triumphs to report. It may not seem like a very big deal but believe me for me it is.

Friday, I took my 9yr. old grandson out for lunch by myself. I don't usually do this for fear that he will get sick. WELL, when we got there he said his stomach felt funny. I didn't panic, just told him to only eat if he felt like it. At one point I almost called his dad (my son) to come to the place and pick him up, but I thought, "no, I can handle this." Pretty soon, Trent (grandson) said he felt better and even finished his meal. I was able to eat also.

Then, last night we took Trent to a baseball game, which involved a 45 min. car ride. I was fine. He was fine, and I didn't even worry (like I usually do) that he might get sick.

Then, today was my daughter's birthday and 7 of us took her out to eat. Again another long ride in the car (with 7 people). On the way home, I was mildly concerned that someone might get sick, but I was not overly worried and tried to get it out of my mind and was pretty successful.

Like I said, this may not sound like much, but normally being around children makes me very nervous and I make up excuses why I cannot be around them, so this was pretty big for me and I was able to spend some quality time with Trent.</font>
    Debbie

WELL!! I think that it is a GREAT triumph. I personally freak out at anythng that involves long car rides and eating. It wasn't till recently that I made a long car with no panick, but I hadn't eaten before or during.
    It is the part of my emet that I have not been able to conquer. WTG. One day I would like to win one of those contests like I heard on the radio the other day. A limo ride to downtown, a dinner, the out to an event, desert after and limo ride home. I would never make it at this point. It wasn't till recently that I went to a restraunt (2min drive from home) and actaully ate my dinner.
    Anyways WTG WTG!!!!
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

That is such an amazing triumph!!! I wish so much that I could sit in a car with 7 PEOPLE! after a meal. Wow that really is amazing. I guess it shows everyone that things like this can be done and its not impossible!

I have no triumphs as yet except that I went into school which is amazing really but soemthing that I do every day! I may have a triumph later, or maybe not, I have trampolining soon where I can show off my trophy!

Well done everyone!

I have got another little triumph. One of the children I work with came in looking ill today (he has special needs and can't talk very well so he cannot say if he feels ill). We were all sat on the carpet and he came and sat on my lap and he kept coughing and gagging and I was so on edge but i cuddled him anyway.

Also, (slight OT) we are in the process of buying a flat and our solicitor is really INCOMPETENT (nobody told us this until after we asked her to represent us). Anyway, I hate using the phone but I rang up to ask what was happening. She wasn't there so I left a message and she didn't ring me back AGAIN so I left a very calm but very firm message saying how unhappy I am with the service we are receiving.

wow those are 2 great triumphs! You handled that child very well, even if you were a bit on edge but you managed to sit by him which is amazing! Well done

I ahte leaving message on phones or just speaking on the phone in general ubnless Its someone I know REALLY well. I'm glad you left a message, its a shame that your solicitor isnt being very good but hopefully your message may help things along a bit, well done! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks Izzy!!!

i have a HUGE triumph...

i dont know if uv read the message titled " very graphic -- HELP!" yet on the general message boards...

but im ill.. got a cold/virus type thing.. and i KNOW by the end of today im gnna have to cough up some phloegm.. and right now, im not too crazed all panicked ... looks lke al the work iv done with my social worker hs really payed off....

but i guess we'll see wen i actually end up DOING the deed...

Jen xxxx

MSN:

Hi guys,

Last night i, i woke up feeling really ill and was sure that i had picked up a bug or something (i mentioned that iv been around a couple of people who have had bugs lately) Anyway I wouldnt let myself panic so I made myself stay laying in my bed and eventually I was able to get back to sleep again. Anyway, this morning I woke up still a bit anxious about whether or not I was ill, but I pushed myself to go to my driving lesson - which went great! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I'm so proud of myself for getting thru my lessons so far. And at the end of all this im FINE! I'm feeling fine. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Rachel xxx

P.S Well done everyone

WOW people its GREAT to read all those triumphs!!

heres mine!!

My husband and I went away this weekend..we went about 3 hours (although with my husband driving it took about half that time to get there) and stayed the night..i ate while riding..and didnt panic hardly at all....infact..the morning we left i had the runs..and I didnt freak or back out.

we had a wonderful time and I hated to come home..i had an almost emet free weekend and it was GRAND!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I have a triumph I am very proud of today.

Today was my fiance's graduation ceremony. It was held about an hour away from home and just recently I get panicky if we go more than 10 mins car ride away. When we got to the place it was held I felt very, very sick. I have been exposed a lot to a stomach bug in the last few days so I was convinced I had got it and felt so tempted to phone my dad to come and get me. I told Mark I felt sick and he reassured me. I calmed down and managed to enjoy myself and even be friendly to Mark's parents whoI don't really get on with that well. Then we came home and tonight me and Mark went out for a meal to a pub 30 mins away from home and I didn't get panicky at all. We try and go out for a meal once a week but normally I feel stressed but not tonight!!! I am very proud of him because he has had a very difficult year and still managed to complete his degree and I was determined not to ruin his day which made me feel under even more pressure but I did it!

wow that is a great triumph!! Especially whenyou felt sick. wow amaxing!

I havent had much of a triumphtoday, but I did coach a trampolining session to about 30 strangers! I have a social phobia so thgis was very hard! Plus I stood by a girl who lost her voice!

Yay! I love all the positive stuff I'm seeing here!!

I don't really have a specific triumph, but I think my emet is getting better overall, so that's WONDERFUL of course! So, I'm not panicking constantly about little things...and working in a doctors office is really helping I think - even though it's a dermatologist office and there generally aren't sick people. But, I used to get really nervous about people being sick at the sight of their blood when we do biopsies, but now I've basically discounted that whole idea. So, all is GOOD. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Nice idea, Jenneh!!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I have a kind of triumph today. My dog has been real ill. She ran away and when she came back she had been poisoned by something. She was so bad both my husband and I thought she would die. I had to get some antidote down her quick and something to make her sick to clear her stomach. I did get a bit panicky but mainly cause I thought she was gonna die but I did sit with her and managed to deal with it. I'm sorry if this is a bit graphic but I'm just so grateful she pulled through!!!!

aww I'm so sorry your dogs been ill, is he doing better now? You did very well, especially as you were worried about him anyway.

I had a social phobia triumph today! You know that I moan about my hormonal re teacher alot? Well I ahvent been to her lessons since she offended me and told me off when I was doingan amazing emet triumph (pm me for info) Anyway I see her around school nearly everyday and usually just hide my face and walk away, yesterday she told me that she had given my r.e coursework to my head of year and that I shoud go and collect it.

Anyway today a lunch I went to the staff rom, I always get so scared of knockign on the staff room door cause I dont know whose going to come out! Anyway I didnt have to as my year head was wlaking past me. I said that she had my r.e coursework but she said she didnt, unfortunatly my r,e teacher was talking to someone already and I had to go with my year head to ask where it was, she didnt understand that my work that goes to my year head goes soemwhere else to be picked up. (it is confusing you must admit!) Anyway she went and got my work (this is my r.e teacher) and I heared them saying really nasty things about me by the door (of course I tried very hard to hear wheat they were saying about me) Anyway she sat down anad explained what had gone wrong with my coursework, I think that she was trying to be nice, but still its an imporvemnt from shouting at me, even if she's saying nastyness to my year head!

I was so scared, I'm not sure why I am so scared of ehr, and my year head actually, I ahte my social phobia! No one knows about it cause I think that if I tell someone thye will think I'm just making it up or that I've already got enough to suffer from and am just making excuses (another social phobia issue actually)

Sorry I've started to moan now which I really shouldnt do!!!!

Congrats to everyone who has had a triumph no matter how small you make think it is. I have had my own triumph. I have not taken my anti-nausea medicine for 5 days. I also had a very important presentation at work today and it went well. I did not panic. I was a little nervous, but I handled it well. Now if I could drop the 10 pounds I have put on since I started taking Lexapro and feeling a little better that would be great. The one thing with your emet getting better- you eat more.

this is great guys.. keep it up.. ( especially you Izzy ;-) )

i am gnna keep adding to this post even tho i am technically practically cured of emet lol, because i still hav odd twinges of anxiety evry now and again!

well, today at work, cause it was my first day out from spending 3 days in bed with a cold, i was a bit more anxious than usual... but i managed to forget about it, and keep myself under control to stop myself panicking.

but guys.. these little triumphs are all AMAZING... u shud be so proud of urselves. seriously.

Jen xxxxxxxx

MSN:

Well. I'd been worrying constantly about going on my trip to Calgary and it finally came. I was worried about going out everynight with my friends. And that did happen, we went out friday, saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday and wednesday nights!! One day we went to the stampede all day and night!!! The stampede is a week long event, tons of people and I was scared to death of going, but I made myself stay and had a great time.

I also took a bus back home. 20 hours on a bus. UGH. I was so scared the whole time that someone was going to be sick. But I made it through and hopefully didn't catch anything from the people on it.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3