Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HELP!!!

I think my little sister is going to v*! She's crying and says she's gonna throw up, and she keeps gulping and stuff. I feel sorry for her but I can't be near her right now, I've shut myself in my room with my music onLOUD! Oh my God there's something going on downstairs, I think it's happening. I'm actually shaking. I might go down in a minute if my other sister doesn't come up and tell me not to. She always warns meabout this stuff, she's so great. I love my family.

hippyclown: i feel so sorry for you, but ur in the best place, in ur room, away from it and with music on. its good ur family can be supportive like that.

before u go down, i'd just turn the music off and see if its all calmed down, down there, otherwise u mite b placing urself smack bang in the middle of sum bad exposure therapy.

good luck and i hope ur sister is ok

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is everything ok? I hope your sister has recovered
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Hippy,

I know you must be feeling so panicked, I can imagine it.

I hope your sister is doing okay, and you too.

How are you holding up? Let us know!

This is one thing I try to remind myself when someone close to me is v*. They must be feeling worse than I am at this moment. I know it's hard to think that way with this phobia, but I do find when you focus your mind on how bad someone else may be feeling instead of how you are feeling, it helps keep your mind off your panic. It doesn't always work for me, but sometimes it does. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfreak
    This is one thing I try to remind myself when someone close to me is v*. They must be feeling worse than I am at this moment. I know it's hard to think that way with this phobia, but I do find when you focus your mind on how bad someone else may be feeling instead of how you are feeling, it helps keep your mind off your panic. It doesn't always work for me, but sometimes it does.

Hey!!! That's a great way of looking at things Sweetfreak!! I think it's something one will have to work at though!

Hippy Clown, I hope everything is okay with your sister now!! I know I would've done the same thing had I been in your place!!Please update us on how everything is going!!!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.