Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone, you might know that i've had a rough 24 hours, daughter in hospital (fine now) and panic over a kid throwing up at a pool party my son went to yesterday. Well, as if things couldn't get any worse, my son v* an hour ago! I can't believe this. He only retched a couple of times, and not much came up (sorry if TMI).

Now a couple of weeks ago he woke suddenly and had a panic attack, said he felt sick but nothing happened. He said the same happened this time, he woke after a few hours, felt hot, shaky, disoriented, then went to the bathroom to v*.

I just don't know what this is, it's been over an hour and he says he feel fine. Could this really be a result of waking suddenly, or have i got one bad night ahead of me?

On the plus side, I actually stayed calm - I think I'm starting to deal with this!

Hey suze-

As a kid- still now even- I would wake up in the middle of the night extremely flush and dizzy, be sick once, and then be fine later. I don't know what the deal is with this- if it relates to something I ate earlier, or my body is just unbalanced from some reason and it's trying to get back on track. Hell, it may even be anxiety- I have no clue.

Glad that you stayed calm I say don't make a big deal of it, and see how he is after some sleep. If he says he feels fine and doesn't have a temperature, he is likely fine.

Meh, our bodies are weird.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Amber, good to hear from you again - shame about the s*** circumstances!! So, this used to happen to you? How weird! He did seem fine, albeit a little shaky. No fever, good colour etc. It's been 90 mins now and in my experience, anything nasty has usually resulted in more v* by now!

Still, I can't relax!! But yeah, I was calmer than I have been previously. What's great too is that I thought he might be emet, but he didn't even wake me...i heard him in the bathroom and went to him, and he was coping fine! Brave little soldier!

Hope all's well with you!

Yep- it STILL happens sometimes! The last time was about 2 months ago- woke up, was sick, and then when I got up for real later I felt fine- hungry even. When I was younger, I sometimes wouldn't even remember that it happened- I would wake up in different pajamas and the bath mat in the bathroom would be in the laundry, lol.

Glad your son is relatively fine And yes, it DOES suck that the reason we are speaking is because you kid had a puke-bandit episode! I am relatively good, other than moving stress, relationship stress, and thesis stress, lol.

Hope everything else is great with you!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just wanted to say doesn't seem like it's notan SV, he hasn't had any D and only vomited once, I know your daughter did vomit yesterday but your son doesn't seem like he's very sick andhas nofever and your daughter had a fever yesterday and if your son caught what she had I'm sure he would have a fever too, and he hasn't D either So it really doesn't sound like he has an sv. Keep us updated and don't be a nervous I dont' think it's anything you should have to worry about

Hmmm....ya never know...however, my oldest, on 2 separate occasions, has v* just once...I think it was just something she ate....but ya never know. Keep us posted, you are doing a good job staying strong!!

Thanks everyone, it's been two and a half hours now and no more v*. Is this a good sign?

I hope everything is o.k. today and your son is feeling better. You are having such a bad few days. Thinking of you and hoping your children are both feeling much better now. Well done with staying so calm.

Yes that's a very good sign, it sounds like something didn't agree with him, he has no other symptoms and is not vomiting so I could def say it ain't a SV, it's sometimes kids may see there sister or brother get it and the next day maybe they think they have it and just over think things and then it happens to them I dunno justa thought but your son seems fine keep us posted

Awww im sorry about your son. I remember when i was small i used to wake up randomly and v* once, then go back to sleep and never had d* and felt fine the next and still ate a bland diet, but i think sometimes people's body just do it, as they need to get something out, but yeah i agree i think if it was a sv, he would have v* more by now, not only once. Hope your son feels better soon and that your ok, stay strong, take care.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

Hope your son is ok now. Well done for staying so calm!

I hope your son is ok and that this turns out to be nothing!!

Keep us posted!!!!

I hope your son is better--good job on staying so calm!!

You are a good role model for me! You sound like you are coping really well. Hope your son is ok.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Hope your son is feeling much better now, it sounds like the result of a panic attack hun, good that everything was fine afterwards..

Also very very well done for coping with it Suze!!!

x

Thanks everybody for all your support. Thankfully my son was fine for the rest of the night, no more v* and no d* whatsoever. I kept him home from school though just incase but he seems back to normal. He said he woke suddenly and felt very hot - he started to worry that he was getting ill like his sister and then the panic set in - poor little thing.

I didn't sleep until 5am and feel worn out but I didn't panic much at all. I'm not sure what it is I fear, which is confusing me. I realise now that the actual v* doesn't bother me too much, it's the not knowing when it's going to happen which completely freaks me out - the hearing of footsteps coming down the hall, someone in the bathroomin the dead of night etc. I think the v* is an issue but perhaps not as muchas Ioriginally thought. I'm starting to wonder if I really am an emet or just a total control freak!!

Anyway, thank you all so much, it's good to know there's support out there 24/7 - it makes it all much easier.

suze, I feel the same way, lol!! I think its a control issue for me. I mean, once its happened, its over, know what I mean, you cant control it then.

Im glad your son is doing well!!!!

I hope things are ok with you and yours suze ............. hope to hear something from you today!!