Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know we have all come across this site because of our wonderful phobia and I thought it would be perfect to see if any of you are like me and think of different things LOLI know im a loser but whatever. I bet you all know how much nausea and v* are involved with cancer treatment and I always have this fear of being diagnosed and having to make the decision . It might sound really ridiculous to make a choice between life and death when you have a chance of surviving but I feel that I am so scared of v* to the point whereI would just letthe illness take me but I cant say 100% because it might bedifferent to be in that situation.I worry about different illnesses all the time but this one particularly scares me because of how common it is becoming and because of the way the treatment effects one.

Thanks for reading .hope to her what you guys think!!

OMG yes, I feel exactly like this. Kind of sad isn't it that we fear a life threatening illness, not because it's life threatening, but because it might cause us to v*.

Saying that, my friend has just finished chemo and didn't v*!

Hi! I feel the same way. I thought I was the only person that thought like that!

WOW , Its comforting to know that I wasnt the only one .

I feel just the same. I really do think that in that situation, I would refuse treatment. I would rather die than voluntarily put myself through that. And I know of one person who is emet purely as a result of chemo. God willing, none of us will ever have to make that decision.

There would be no choice for me to make. I would have any treatment offered to me to help me survive. I would be very scared about the v*, but the thought of dying and leaving behind my beautiful family and friends scares me much more. I do love my life even if at times it is so difficult.I would not let emetophobia win.

My mum has just finished having chemotherapy and it did make her v* lots for 3 days after each treatment, but I am so glad she went through it as hopefully now she will get the all clear and be able to continue with her life. I can't imagine life without her. My mum was so strong positive throughout her treatment.

Don't they have powerful anti-emetics now to stop chemo v*?

~~~Carolyn~~~

Yeah they have some preety good ones now to stop it, something called zofran?? but my mum knows a few people at her work who's partners or family member have cancer and they've not v* from having things like reglan and stemitil, i also think its when you take it aswell to stop it, if you take it like a few mins before you v*, you will just v* up the pill, they take a few hours to kick in i guess.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OMG, I have been thinking about this lately, too! I don't know what I would do... It really scares me. I need to quit smoking...

I would do anything that I could, Yes, I am scared to death of the v*, but I would do the chemo anyways. There was a point a few years ago where I would literally say that I would rather die than v*, but now I feel very differently about it. I am still afraid and I don't want to v*, but now I put it in perspective a little better with things like that...Don't get me wrong though, I am still a total weanie when it somes to myself v*!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Quote Originally Posted by taffy
    Hi! I feel the same way. I thought I was the only person that thought like that!

DITTO!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

o I've thought about that too! And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take chemo. I would try to find a natural doctor, or look into new treatments without the side effects... I've heard that there are some new experimental treatments that work more effectively then chemo, and without the side effects.. but they're still being tried out and tested to make sure they are really that good before they're given out to patients commonly. I'd look into something like that. I would definitely not want to just die of cancer, but I wouldn't put myself through something that would make me so sick.

I'd do anything to try and help me live, and it's true, having chemotherapy doesn't always make people v* anyway.Right before you are given the chemo they give you a really good anti-nausea drug and then anti-emetic tablets to take home with you for the days afterwards.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I had an abnormal smear test once and needed an operation. i would not have it. Without it i would of died. No way was having the op. It was a year of being talked to by doctors and surgeons before i changed my mind. The surgeon told me that he was 100% sure i would not be sick from the op. I believed him and i went ahead and he was right i wasn't sick. That was 15 years ago. If i ever needed chemo then i suppose i would die.