Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So today on my lunch break I decided to go to Kohls. I went in the fitting room to try on pants and there was a very strong smell of v* and there was a wet spot on the carpet in the room I was in, I quickly got out of there and went to a fitting room clear across the store. But then I realized if someone v* in there then I touched the door they did! So I went into the bathroom and washed my hands, then I thought what if they came into the bathroom after they v* in the fitting room? I am a bit nervous. I have been doing so well lately, and now I am kinda freaking out. I've been washing my hands like crazy and I feel sick but I know its just anxiety.

Should I worry? Is there a chance I can catch it from the door? I am freakin myself out...Help!!

Michele

Hi Michele!!

You were probably already "on guard" when you smelled the v*, so you didn't touch your face or anything, did you? If the spot was already cleaned up, then it's probably been a while since the person v*'d in there. Also, they may not have even went into the bathroom, they could have just went outside and went home. You will probably be fine. I do know how you feel though, and I would've reacted the same exact way. Try not to worry[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I was sure I didn't touch my face or anything, but I still worry. It's been so long since I even smelled it and it just conjured up bad thoughts. I think it was cleaned up, but I am sure no cleaned the door, only us emets think to disinfect eveything. I just hope I do catch anything....I am working myself up, gotta stop!

That last post was 666......bad sign gotta post another one so its not

I'm sure you'll be OK. The "germs", if any, were probably long gone by the time you got there, and the reason you smelt it so strong was probably because it was still wet. I know though, that being confronted with "it" in any form, is terrible! I know what you mean about the doorhandle thing--that would've been the first thing I thought about. But since you washed your hands real good, I think your chances of becoming s* are very slim.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thanks Charlene I appreciate it....But your right it has been along time since I have actually been confronted with "it". It was just always something that someone did, or had I just haven't been so called face to face with it in a very very long time.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Are you feeling a little better about it now?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well Im eating..that's always a good sign. You when I first went in there and smelt it, I almost thoght about staying in there and trying those pants on, I wanted to see if I could do, but I chickend out...I should of now that I think about it. Sometimes I just want to see if what would happen if I did v*, sound strange? But yea, I do feel a bit better, it will just take the usual 36hrs until I feel completly better. ( i just hope i didn't just jinx myself by writing that, *knocks on wood*)

Uh, I think about it too sometimes, to maybe just v* , or expose myself to prove that I won't v*, but just can't do it. And yes, eating is a very good sign[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]! The 36 hours will pass quicklly, and this will blow over soon. A few weeks back, I was at confronted directly with fresh v* (sorry TMI), but didn't get s*. You'll be OK.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hun there no way you will get catch whatever that was, I would not worry about it at all you only feel sick now is because your mind is saying wow some threw up and I was right there touching things and then a hour later or so you feel sick it's all your mind, your creating this that what's wrong with us emets any sign of puke you panic and automatically you think omg I'm going to get it. Sometimes I get my self so worked up about some being sick I start to feel sick and i can't tell the difference if it's real or not, my mom got sick not to long ago and I thought I was going to get it, I started feeling like crap and I totally paniced omg I got what my mom had and my stomache felt weird and I had a lump in my throat I was pacing around my house for hours and everytime I go to lay down I couldn't I felt so sick to my stomache so i started walking again until I was so so tired from being up all night worrying like crazy for nothing and I fell asleep and felt bad and I felt so stupid because I created it and I realized after our brains can make us think anything, I put myself through all that worry for nothing and I was perfectly but now when I get like that I say I'm a perfectly healthy girl and I''m not sick and keep saying that over and over again to make myself realize that, think the positive insttead of negitive, negitive makes it so much worse. Take care!