Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: kettle corn?

umm can stale kettle corn cause food poisoning? I got some kettle corn on June 7th, but caught a cold the next day and couldn't really eat it for a week.. I had no taste and appetite. now, I am better and want to eat it.. I ate some last night, it tastes a little stale, but I actually like the taste lol, and I was fine.. it's more chewy instead of krispy. I've kept it in it's bag the entire time, but, the bag is just plastic so some air probably got in... I really want to eat it, it tastes good, and I don't want it to go to waste! could it hurt me/make me sickin any way?

No, I think it just gets stale. Nothing really on it to go bad anyway. The sugar could go moldy, but if you don't see any it's fine.

Hey, sorry I can't help, but I'mcurious - what's kettle corn??

thank you! and kettle corn is like popcorn, but it has sugar on it... not sure if there's anything else in it besides sugar? But the sugar is put over it like butter often is.. it's very good stuff

I loooove kettle corn!!I think they mix salt and sugar in with the butter/oil, and that's why it's so good. DOn't worry about it- I'm sure it's fine to eat.

I think you will be okay. I know when I run across that situation, my mind plays tricks on me causing me to be nervous then it mimicks nausea then I have worked myself up when nothing was wrong in the first place!

No, you wont get sick from stale kettle corn...stale foods cant make u sick

Urgh I never want to eat kettle corn again. I had a ton the night I caught an sv, so yeah I was sick all night, BUT its because of the sv, not the kettle corn. You should be fine eating it.

thanks for all the reassurance!! and sorry that happened to you Galadriel, it really sucks when an illness does that v_v