Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: V* on TV

Hi I was watching Big Brother last night, did anyone else see it? There was no real warning and one of the housemates v*ed a number of times and you saw it in detail and close up. I don't think TV channels should be allowed to show it and especially without warning before the programme starts. I have never watched such detailed v*ing on TV. I got myself in a state sweating, crying and shaking. I felt stupid after for getting myself that way when I should have just walked out. I did have my eyes closed and covered my ears but I could still hear it. Did anyone else have the same problem? Ijust wanted some reassurance.

Hi Kylie- i watched it too and it was horriable. No warning or anything, it was gross. It was the same on the footie as well Beckham v* on the pitch- luckly you did not see it but i suppose we will sooner or later.

They should not show this on Big Brother.

Hope you are ok?

Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

I posted a warning about it yesterday, as I suspected they would show the v* scenes in full technicolour glory. I watch BB every night but could not bring myself to watch it last night. As a little warning about tonight's catch-up I read online yesterday that the alarm call for yesterday morning was sounds of Glyn v*ing, so that will be shown tonight I expect. THink I will tune in ten mins into the programme to miss it!

Wewatched the footie with a few friends ata pub and I don't know how I managed to miss Beckham v*ing, but so glad I did! The first I knew about it is when they were taking him off and my fiance said he's been sick. Then all the questions from me started, lol - why do I have to know all the details when I'm an emet? Then when they were interviewing him afterwards they were talking about him v*ing. Ack, we are not even safe watching football now! Anyway that aside, Beckham's goal saved the day and he did a terrific job especially as he was feeling ill.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Ugh! The Australian BB is just as gross. Does the UK version have those challenges where the housemates have to eat disgusting things, like sheep's eyes and whatever? That was hell...watching people repeatedly gag while eating the such revolting things made me feel kinda n*! I managed to sit through it though, which I'm kinda proud of.

And wow, I didn't know David Beckham v*d on the pitch...poor bloke! I'm glad I missed that match now. What was the reason? Was he just really, really nervous or was he genuinely ill?
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I know I saw the footie too but luckily they didn't show n e v*ing just him spitting after i guess. I wish I would have read the bb website! Yeah I am okay now thats but was shook up last night and the other people in the room must have thought I was mad. Has anyone actually protested against tv channels for a warning to be issued beforehand?

Angel - appearntly he was dehydrated!! I didn't even like just hearing about it!!

i read it about BB on the net yesterday afternoon, an there isa clip on there as well so i watched it too prepare myself, but when i watched it yesterday i felt ill after watching it. Then when Mickey said.. well everyone's sick from getting pissed. I though Ah i wished everything was that easy. Watching Glyn be ill made me wonder why isnt he scared about being ick but us emet's are.. why cant we be like that.

Ah oo i never knew about Beckham being sick, Hope he's re hydrated now.

im so glad this topic was brought up as i was a bit disturbed by it
    yesterday! and this morning i seen the david beckham thing! im not
    happy about it at all...

I know I think it is terrible that they are allowed to play things like that without warnings. It isn't entertaining to watch so why play it!! I have written to channel four and complained about BB but they probably will take no notice!!

Yes it annoys me the way v* is always on tv. If one of the housemates had gotdiarrhoea and didn't make it to the loo and they left a mess somehow, I'm sure that wouldn't be shown, so why is v* shown all the time, including on films, dramasand soaps. I know sometimes v* scenes maybe needed for the plot but surely they don't have to be as graphic and close up as they all seem to be these days [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

- Japanese proverb

Exactly!! But what I find more disturbing is that BB is real life and he was actually v*ing not a TV actor pretending too. It isn't as realistic although I still can't watch either! But in a film it is done once and thats it but last night it was again and again and again .......

I watched BB it was horrible!I could not sleep for ages last night, being so traumatized from it. After i saw that i panicked and started worrying about being sick myself or having someone around me v* and couldnt stop thinking about it. Thats when i found this site, and i read the BB warning like 5 minutes after i had just seen it on TV [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Has anyone tried to use media footage to make themselves more comfortable and at ease being around such content?

I was thinking it would be good exposure therapy but I guess it shows me I'm not ready!

OMG on Yahoo! Sports they have a picture of Beckham v'ing, it is sooo disgusting!!

why would anyone want to see a picture?? I just can't understand it! On BB last night as there alarm call they played the noises of Glyn v*ing! Thats horrible!

where do ya'll live, i know in the us they can't show people vomitting
    on cable tv.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i sat and watched bb i did watch it all the way through and did like many find it disturbing ... but for most ppl it is juts entertainment ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by _ruby
    where do ya'll live, i know in the us they can't show people vomitting
    on cable tv.

Yes, yes they can.....

Have seen it before during sports broadcasts and reality TV on the US stations I get here in Canada.

*Amber*

I didnt see the Beckhan thing but my hubby told me.

The thing that annopyed me most was the numerous pictures in the newspapers. I am able to look at pictures of people v* and it doesnt panic me(I hate the noise, the action, seeing it, doing it........), I dont like seeing themandfind it completely unecessary,I mean one of the papers in the UK had like a 3 picture run up leading to the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even my hubby who has no issues ythinks its gross and unecessary!!

Laney xx

Yea, what's that all about? Who needs to see that, maybeemetophiles get off on it, but who else? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] And poor David Beckham having himself splashed all over the papers being sick... I think it's just plain uncalled for.

- Japanese proverb

The US does have v'ing--ER, CSI, the Sopranos. Back in the day even an episode of Little House on the Prairie had a V scene!!! Edited by: donna1216

I personally am not thrilled with v on tv, but it doesn't terrify me. I always just avert my eyes. I'd think a non-emet might too, because puke is just gross, LOL!
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I hate seeing v*ing and movies, hate it, hate it, HATE IT!! I can't watch Fear Factor for that reason, not that they always v* when they eat that nasty stuff but just the nauseated looks on their faces, the gagging, it's extremely unpleasant. I don't see a lot of v*on tv, thankfully - they try to keep v* to a minimum on prime time, I guess it could be considered graphic content. Well, really, who wants to see that? It's not something even non-emetophobes care to watch. The only show I've seen lately that showed graphic v* was Intervention, a sort of reality/documentary show about people with addictions. This particular segment was about a girl with bulimia - it showed her sticking a toothbrush down her throat and v* in plain view, right in front of the camera, it was so disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

Quote Originally Posted by _ruby
    where do ya'll live, i know
    in the us they can't show people vomitting on cable tv.

Yes, yes they can.....

Have seen it before during sports broadcasts and reality TV on the
    US stations I get here in Canada.

*Amber*

ooh okay, well my brother use to work on fear factor..a reality
    show..and they werne't aloud to show vommitting..either on the real
    world. maybe its just the station ya know? and fear factor is a gross
    show without v* so, ya know.

Ugh NOO!! i don't watch tv thank god. but ive seen my mom watch it, and ai've seen v* on it, and i just get all icky feeling.. ugh.. cold sweat and such

So glad I missed the Beckham v* thing and that I don't watch BB. It's so horrendous seeing v* on TV, especially if it is acted well or *God forbid* real!

My theory is that they use v* in soaps and dramas because it is a good special effect and can demonstate many things - pregnancy, FP storylines, hangovers . . .Not that that's an excuse! It is always so unexpected and sudden as well. I hate if it's graphic and I am more upset seeing women v* than men strangely.

I recently kicked up a fuss about the Domestos advert, but did anyone see adverts last year for an anti-litter/Keep Scotland Tidy type thing? I nearly crashed my car - the billboard posters said "U must be sick 2 litter" and showed a pick of a woman with her mouth open in a v* pose and a stream of rubbish supposedly coming out of her mouth!! Disgusting, absolutely.

I should have complained but I couldn't find an address. Its not so much for myself now, but I felt that if I had seen that when I was younger and severely emet it would have upset me so much.

I can still remember the very first time I ever saw v*ing on tv. It was the seventies, I was 13, and it was a documentary. A man had suffered a heart attack while out sailing and v*d. I was traumatised for ages, and I remember feeling extreme shock that such a thing was being shown on tv!

I just don't see the point. You never see explicit scenes of pooing and peeing on tv, so why does this particular bodily function keep being shown? If it's a drama, can't they just show the sick person clapping their hand over their mouth and running? I think we'd all get the picture! Even non-emets must find it gross at times - say, if they're eating?

Snakemed -I never saw that advert, thank God.

Yuk, sometimes there's just no getting away from it!

Yep I posted on a different warning on this site about the Big Brother (or Big Bother I should say..) episode with Glyn being sick - I heard about it but didnt know why and felt like I needed to know so i went onto the Channel 4 website and watched it. I wanted to see how I would react and to see where my Emet was at - well I watched it with my eyes squinted and had to turn the sound down on my laptop (thats the worst part of it for me!) so clearly I still have a bit of a way to go!

I felt REALLY sorry for Beckham - luckily he only has OCD and isn't an Emet as you can imagine how bad it would've been being sick in front of say.. er... 30 000 fans!! Awful i'm sure. I also heard it was because he was dehydrated - they were playing in like 40'C temps in Germany!!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I thought the big brother thing was sooo bad! TV shoudl not be able to show things so closly etc in such detail without some sort of warning!!! They warn you about strong languange and nudity etc! So why not v*?

Katie