Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic..

Well yesterday, i had a bit of a stomach ache in the first place, then went out with some mates. I got home and had a stomach ache still, but im sure mines to do with the fact of lack of food, and my digestive systems a little messed up. Well i woke up and i keep feeling starving, but along with a stomach ache and feeling sick. I then go on myspace and my friends not at school as he said his stomach keeps hurting on and off, and i saw him yesterday, but he was fine then. Now im thinking what if i had a stomach ache because of him? then started feeling worse, so maybe its just panic and if i had a stomach ache before him, it could still be the same thing? sorry if that sounds confusing. I asked him has he v* and he goes nope, i'll be fine and seems to be happy on msn and stuff, i even think he'd gone to school this afternoon?..there family also eat a lot of different foods from other countries and stuff so maybe it was just something that didn't agree or the fact he said he didn't sleep well. So do you think im making myself worse worrying about it?? and if it was a sv he had he would have v* by now if he started feeling like that last night?..

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would say that if it were a sv, yes he would have already been vomiting. They tend to hit pretty hard and quick rather than come on slowly and on and off. Remember, people have delicate digestive systems. I could count on my hands how many days a month mine is actually NOT giving me problems. Try not to obsess and think so hard about every twinge you have in your stomach. I realize it's really hard, but give it a shot. Get your mind on something else if you can.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey thanks, yeah he also drinks to and does lots of excersise, so it could just be that and the fact he was tired, and im sure mine is hunger, i've felt n* for a few days now, i think from just being hungry. I've been having panic attacks recently, i never used to get them, but im not sure if this is panic, but i feel n* in my throat and it feels like its closing up and i shake, my hands sweat, my stomach feels crampy, like period pains i keep getting?? then i can't go to the bathroom, then i can too much. I was walking round shopping earlier and just really felt n* and dizzy all of a sudden as i kept thinking people are looking at me and i panic, then feel n*?.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What you're describing definitely sounds like anxiety and panic attacks.
    I'd get them when I still lived in California - my heart would start to race,
    I'd feel incredibly n* and I'd even start retching. Usually my dad would
    have to come and sit with me and talk to me, and then I'd be all right. I
    never knew what triggered the panic attacks, or how to predict one. They
    just happen.

Another factor too is that you are not eating properly, and your body is
    trying to tell you so. N* isn't necessarily a precursor to v* - it's also one
    of the ways your body says "FEED ME!" Dizziness too is a symptom of
    hunger.

Find a way to distract yourself, hon - maybe go to the cinema or
    something? Anything that keeps your mind occupied. And definitely try to
    eat something - take it slow, keep it bland, but put something in your
    stomach. You probably will get stomach cramps afterward, and your
    digestive system will make some weird noises, but that's normal. After my
    most recent stint of fasting I had to practically teach my body how to
    digest things again, and while it wasn't pleasant, it was worth it in the
    end. Just hang in there.

Good luck. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by xroofusx
    Hey thanks, yeah he also drinks to and does lots of excersise, so it could just be that and the fact he was tired, and im sure mine is hunger, i've felt n* for a few days now, i think from just being hungry. I've been having panic attacks recently, i never used to get them, but im not sure if this is panic, but i feel n* in my throat and it feels like its closing up and i shake, my hands sweat, my stomach feels crampy, like period pains i keep getting?? then i can't go to the bathroom, then i can too much. I was walking round shopping earlier and just really felt n* and dizzy all of a sudden as i kept thinking people are looking at me and i panic, then feel n*?.

Yeah it sounds like a panic attack + no food thats making your stomach go off. The throat closing sensation is panic attack. Also when you don't have much food in you you do get the shakes, I think its from low blood sugar or something. I don't think its an sv or anything.

Hey thanks, yeah it was panic and just the lack of food, mixed with ibs, and the fact i woke up really early didn't help. Im thinking about starting the brat diet to begin with?? i know that its banana's, rice, applesauce and toast, but um how many portions, thats what always gets me?? has anyone else given there kids the brat diet after they have been ill and like how many of the things do you give them in the day on average?? Thanks if anyone can help and thanks for replies.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!