Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I woke up this morning and ever since it feels like the room won't stop spinning around me. I figured it was because I was starving, so I had some cereal, and that helped a little bit, but it only stopped the spinning for when I'm sitting still. If I get up, walk around, or tilt my head in any direction the room sets off into another roller coaster.

I'm really afraid as this is making me really n* and I don't know what to do.

It sounds like an inner ear problem, I've had it and although I felt n*, I didn't come close to v*. Do you have any motion sickness pills? They will help take the nausea away. And try and get in the most comfortable position possible and it should pass eventually. Edited by: suze

Awww im sorry your feeling like this. Do you have any other symptoms?? like any pain in the ears or anything, also have you banged your head?. Sitting down and putting your head between your legs may help if its sudden.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Exactly what suze said, It sounds like a middle ear infection, maybe if this doesnt pass go to the docs and see if he can give you something, but try get comfy and make sure you dont need to move for a while and see how you feel, hope you feel better soon hun =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There's no pain or anything. The only other thing is that my eyes feel really really really heavy, like I could fall asleep at any moment.

Last night though I had really low blood sugar, but there's nothing to eat in the house except hot dogs, tv dinners, and cereal. So I tried eating some of those, along with some juice, but it only brought it up to a level where I just felt really weak and shaky. Maybe my blood sugar dropped again in my sleep? I had some cereal and that fixed it a little bit, and it's improving slightly, but this is really scary... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I also have a history of inner ear problems, so it could be either. I feel like sleeping... sleep...

If you feel like sleeping then go for it - it won't do you any harm and you might wake feeling better. If the room is actually spinning then I would say that the inner ear is the culprit, a virus; this might also explain why you're feeling so tired. Low blood sugar is more likely to cause light-headedness rather than all out spinning.

the spinning has stopped, now it just feels like everything floats

I don't know if this is the same case but I get this spinning feeling like being off balance not exactly dizzy just off balance but I do get the dizzy feeling too and I know what the cause of mine is anxiety it's very common to have a dizzy off balance feeling with anxiety and I've been getting that lately whenever I get up I get that feeling and then it will go away and it also could be the heat, always in the summer I get that it's an awful feeling, but I never get nausous with it, I wouldn't worry about it it could be an ear infection or it could be anxiety that's if you do have anxiety it really scared me though then I thought about it I've been so stressed lately about getting a job and me being worried about my health I know why this is happening it's all cause of that so if you've been under stress it could be that so write back and tell me if you have any of that going on! I'm sure your fine and you won't vomit

Quote Originally Posted by phobos
    the spinning has stopped, now it just feels like everything floats

I've had this many times!! It always happens when I wake up and get out of bed too fast. Then, for the whole day, my head feels weird--lightheaded, and it feels like, when I move my head, (hard to explain) it moves in slow motion with echoes-sort of. It is a weird feeling. is that how you feel?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yes, that's exactly how I feel!

It just may be that you stood up too fast or turned around too fast--something like that. You're not s*, even though it is no fun feeling like that. You should be fine tomorrow after getting some sleep.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Ok, well i have had this a lot!!! I was dizzy for weeks, then weeks led to months! It was terrible. I had gone in to get an MRI done, and they saw nothing "bad". Turns out with some other symptoms that I told them, that I would get a headache I am getting A typical migraines. I was taking valum for the dizziness, and that just made me really tired. So, they gave me imitrex, which is for migraines. It works! I get both kinds of migraines; the ones that cause me to get dizzy, and the painful ones. One question I do have for you...when you are dizzy, do you notice your speech a little off?