Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay today was my sister's graduation party and instead of being all picky and careful about my food like I usually am I started chowing down on everything like a pig. I ate a little bit of everything, including some chicken wings that had been sitting out for a little while, and man were they good but greasy. Then later in the night my mom announces that she doesn't feel good and I know she ate the stuff I ate. I also know my dad ate the stuff I ate and he is feeling fine, he was even eating some more of the food before I left. I feel totally N* Right now, I took a unisom (Doxylamine Succinate) for the N* but that's basically all I can do, and I'm totally pissed because I still have to clean and pack for my move tomrrow. Does anyone think those chicken wings, or anything else for that matter, will make me sick? I'm really scared! Freakin out is more like it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Did you feel all right until your mother said something? The power of
    suggestion can be really intense; just an idle comment from someone can
    be enough to inspire you to think up all sorts of worst-case scenarios. I
    think you said it yourself when you said the chicken wings were greasy.
    Grease is heavy and can upset even the most iron-clad tummy. You ate a
    variety of foods, which your stomach is probably not used to. So I don't
    think you should be too worried, you're probably feeling a little
    indigestion from all the food and grease, and on top of that you have
    anxiety because you're worked up over what your mother said (and she's
    probably got a little indigestion as well). If you're dad's fine, then you'll
    probably be fine.

Do your best to relax, get your hands on some Tums or Pepto, and try not
    to think too hard about it. :-)

- Anna

You didn't do anything stupid- in fact, you did something positive, as you SHOULD be able to eat what looks good and what you want without monitoring the universe for the hint of anything that may make you sick.

If your dad is fine, you are probably going to be fine- it's likely the anxiety about the move that is affecting the direction of your thoughts. SO many things could havemade your mom feel ill, including greasy foods, stress/lack of sleep relating to your sister's grad and planning the party, etc. In fact, if the wings were greasy they are probably giving you a bit of indigestion- and put that together with anxiety relating to your mom feeling ill, and BANG- instant nausea.

Sip on some soda, or even take a little pepto- I'm sure you will feel better soon

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL- I think we posted at the same time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, I felt okay before my mom said something, then I got all worried and crap because she said something....GRRR!! It got worse when my mom said that she was feeling bad. I have this weird slightly gaggy feeling in the back of my throat you know? And I still have TONS of packing to do for tomorrow...THIS SUCKS!

~Monica

dude- I hear you about the packing. My parents were supposed to come down to help me move this Friday, which gave me all of this week to pack. Well, dad ends up having to work (mom still hasn't told me this- she told my boyfriend and asked him not to tell me because she knows I would be upset), so I get told yesterday that they are hiring movers to move me on Wednesday *sigh*....took two days off my packing time, but what can you do. Now mom calls me today and says that the movers will be at my old apartment on TUESDAY AT 8AM. And she STILL hasn't told me that dad isn't coming down on the weekend.

I had to go to a volunteer function with Chris all day today- which leaves me all of tomorrow to pack. Great.

*amber*

That sucks...I've had a month to pack but I kept putting it off saying, "Well I still have 3 weeks" "I still have two weeks" "I still have one week" "Oh crap I move tomorrow? WTF?" LoL!! I'm not nauseous any more but I am getting abdominal cramps so this should be a fun night LoL!! I'm drinking a cold pepsi, seeing as it is hot as HELL in this apartment...(No AC and I'm on the third floor! BLECH!) At least I move tomorrow...good luck with your moving Amber!

~Monica

I agree, you did't do something stupid at all. You did something I'm sure a lot of us envy you for. You managed to cut loose and just enjoy yourself.

The gaggy feeling is anxiety. I get it all the time.

If you aren't used to eating a lot of greasy foods like the wings your stomach may hurt a little bit, but other than that I'm sure you'll be fine.

The good news about your packing is that I find manual labor like that seemes to help distract me when I'm feeling anxiety sick, so you may find that once you get involved with packing you'll forget about feeling bad.

hun it's all in your head since your mom said she didn't feel great and now your feeling that way cause she said that, it's all the mind, today I was afraid I could some sauage and I thought I didn't cook it enough and I've been feeling my stomache is alittle off but I was creating that obviously when I take my mind off of it I can't even tell it's there anymore, your creating these feelings you have right now we all know that as emets I think most of the time we feel like crap is because we know someone around us that has sv and were afraid we have it now. but one thing you have to realize your mind does this to you everytime this happens try to realize that it's all my mind doing this I'm healthy and I'm not sick and I didn't eat anything bad no one else got FP. Your mind yourself everytime! your fine hun no need to worry

I hope your move goes well, I know how stressful moving is. I'm sure you're fine as far as the food goes, nobody else was sick, and your mom probably just had indigestion from all the grease.