Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thanks for the welcome! It sounds like I found a good place

I will tell you all more info. about myself. Like I said, I'm 29, single, and I live in the U.S. Obviously I am a night owl. I am a one-on-one tutor for children diagnosed with autism, and am also working on my Master's Thesis...psychology with a concentration in behavior analysis. I also suffer from depression, anxiety/panic, and bipolar disorder along with emet. Lucky me! Right now I am on leave from my job because of my depression and on disability, which is about to run out .

Meds...I take Klonopin for anxiety, Effexor for depression, and Lamictal for bipolar disorder; it's a mood stabilizer. I take Phenergen (sp?) as needed for n*.

Actually my emet isn't too bad right now. My depression has been so bad that I barely feel n* and when I do, I don't panic as much. Tonight for some reason I feel more panicky than usual. Emet used to rule my everyday life, and right now depression does. I can tell when I have a slight fever because my body just feels off. I typically have a low temp. so when I have a slight one I can tell the difference.

When I do get emet panic attacks, I get all the classic symptoms...sweating, shaking, freaking out, etc. I have my "routine" like I'm sure everyone else does.I won't go into any more details b/c I don't want to make this a graphic post. I really haven't had one in quite a few months though.

I have had 3 major emet episodes in my life that each lasted about a year and consisted of daily panic, weight loss, being house bound, depression, and just scared that I was going to v* every day. These happened when I was 8, 12, and 21. These episodes always seemed to come about when I was going through some change in my life. This most recent episode is the first I've had of depression where emet is not at all involved, and has been going on since Sept. I've lost a lot of weight, no appetite, cry a lot, don't go out much, sometimes have manic episodes...not fun. Each day is really hard. At my worst I was in the 70's in weight. Right now I'm 85 (I'm 4'11"). I've had some really tragic things happen to me recently too, the worst being that one of my really good friends passed away about two months ago. That made my depression worse. I'm also going through a breakup with my fiancé of 2 and 1/2 years, and we'd been together for 6 and 1/2 years. We still live together...long story. We broke up a few months ago but it was a very slow breakup.

I LOVE animals and have two cats...Dusty, almost 4 years, and Taz, about 3 months. Dusty is gray and Taz is an orange tabby.They are my life! I'd love to post pictures of them someday!

I was so glad to find another emet forum. I was just sitting here thinking how alone I

can i just ask a couple of questions? is bipolar disorder the condition formally known as manic depression? sorry for my ignorance but i kno there is bipolar and unipolar but im not sure what is what!! also is n* nausea?

i love cats too, my cat is sitting next to me now [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yes, bipolar disorder used to be called "manic depression." Unipolar means that you only have depression. Very confusing, as I wonder why they just don't call that "clinical depression."

Yes, n* is nausea. I wasn't sure how much abbreviation you all use. Can you clue me in as to what's okay to spell out and what's not?

Thanks!

Jessica

Jessica, i think i replied to your other post on "code language" .... but thers no harm in saying it again... we had a huge discussion about this, and basically there was half of us saying we SHUD code the words.. and half saying we SHUDNT.. so its basically, up to you i think

btw, that was nice to get a formal introduction from you. you sound very much like a lot of us. im glad to see ur getting help, well, chemical wise.. what about anything like CBT... thought about doing any kinda therapy ?

anywya, im glad you found us...

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jen,

I've always wanted to try CBT. I am very into behavioral therapy, not so much cognitive therapy (sometimes it can get a little confusing), but it's always the type of therapy I'vewanted to have. I took a class as an undergrad that taught all about the different types of therapies and it interested me, but at the time I was more into the Rogerarian appraoch. However, after I started working w/kids w/autism I found out how much I liked it, and how much I didn't like counseling therapy...I thought I'd gone into the wrong major until I found out that there is behavioral psych. and you don't have to sit in an office all day if you don't wan tto. It's just very data driven and not something where you necessarily have to talk about your childhood to work on your problems. However, I don't have insurance so I can't afford both a psychiatrist and a therapist, and I really NEED my meds. We have two agencies here that both have therapists who work on a sliding scale, but neither one had heard of behavioral therapy or CBT when I asked if they had that kind of therapist. It was great having insurance when I was working...I really miss it.

Thanks for the info. Looking back up at the introduction, it looked like a novel! I'm glad you liked it.

Jessica

thats all very interesting. when im older, i want to be a clinical psychologist.

so i have to do an undergraduate course in psychology, or psychology, mental and physical health (more clinical specific) and then i need to do a postgraduate course as well, to become a proper recognised clinical psychologist.

sounds really hard work but i really hope i can get there in the end. i know clinical psychologists are very into CBT therapy e.t.c.

glad to hear ur medication works though. im on citalopram, and its helped me majorly. however, i really shud come off it soon.

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.