Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Can heart palpitations be a symptom of acid reflux? I get them from time to time, when I'm really really hungry or after I've eaten something greasy/acidic (ie, chicken wings or orange juice).

The last time I got them checked the doctors told me it was from starvation... but I love eating! I'd never starve myself on purpose (regardless of my size).[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

nothing?[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

hey,

Ive found that sometimes I get palpatations when i eat after not eating for a while, discomfort and its a strange feeling as if it takes my breath away..

hope you are feling better!!
    x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

so they're not some sort of freak medical emergency then?

Heart arrhythmias are actually quite common. Most are harmless, but if
    it's happening all the time or making you feel uncomfortable, it
    couldn't hurt to consult another doctor.

As for the starvation bit, you'd really</span> have to starve yourself to cause an irregular heartbeat. Imho, dehydration (or electrolyte imbalance) is a more likely cause.

I suffer from premature heartbeats myself. My sister refers to them as "heart farts," haha. X)