Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am feeling paranoid right now, and just need to vent. I went grocery shopping with my girls today, and just feel...contaminated. I got them these pinwheels at one store we were at, and the baby kept putting the stick part in her mouth (of course) and then as I was loading them into their carseats, the baby was waving her pinwheel around in my face, and it brushed my lips. I know for a fact that she let it drag on the floor at least once while we were shopping. Ugh. Then, my 3 year old fell asleep in the car on the way home from the store, so I could not give her a bath like I usually do after taking her out in public, and she even threw a fit at the checkstand and sat down on the floor. I sanitized everyone's hands when we got to the car, and the baby has had a bath, but I am just feeling really unsettled, and I don't know why it is so bad on this occasion, because I am not always this bad. What is WRONG with me??? Now I am worried that I have been contaminated with a sv, and am doomed.

We tend to worry ourselves when we think that we may have been caught "offguard", but it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. When your 3 year-old has a bath tomorrow, you will feel much better. I think your babies will be fine, and you too![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I know how you feel. Last night I was at a friend's house. Her grandma died and you know how everyone brings food to the family? There were lemon bars and my friend silced one for me and handed it to me to eat. I hadn't washed my hands in a while and I don't think she did either. I have no idea who made these things or where they came from, but felt so on the spot that I just ate it. So of course in the back of my mind I am thinking the same way that you are...

But realistically, most people do this stuff each and every day and are fine. Try really hard to not think about all of the events that are stressing you out about the day. Just remember how many times in the past you've worried about such things for no reason.

\"This too shall pass\"

I agree with caligirl, you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl
    We tend to worry ourselves when we think that we may have been caught "offguard", but it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.* When your 3 year-old has a bath tomorrow, you will feel much better.* I think your babies will be fine, and you too![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</font>
    oh i definately think everything and everyone will be ok as well!!
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

I used to bite my nails ALL the time...I also wasn't a good handwasher up until the last 2 years. I got sick 2 times throughout a span of my entire childhood through age 24!! I try to remind myself of that fact everytime I am having a rough time with feeling contaminated.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Good point, Silver. Thanks for the replies, everyone. I just needed to vent and obsess somewhere, as I have to try and act relatively normal for my kid's sake, and my hubby does not understand. I was thinking last night, trying to be rational about this, because I know I was not, and thinking of how many times I used to eat without washing, bite my nails, etc, and nothing bad happened. So hopefully this will be one of them!