Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel so blah this afternoon after my doctor's appointment. I am 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I was really hoping that all of the cramps and pains I've been having have helped me progress at least somewhat. Nope! Not at all! I have been 50% effaced and not at all dialated for three appointments now. I know I still have almost 3 weeks to go, but I feel like I am never going to have this baby. She is just way to comfortable in there. My doctor is leaving for vacation next Friday, so she set me up for an induction on the 24th of July - that's a week past my due date (and the day she gets back). I know it's not unusual to go a week or even two late with a first pregnancy, but I just don't think I can take 4 more weeks of it. My hips are so stiff and sore and I feel so n* every time I eat because my stomach is so smashed in there. Her kicks are really starting to hurt and I keep getting these weird shooting pains that my doctor tells me are my cervix changing (apparantly not!)

So, unless by somemiracle I go into labor on my own before the 24th, I will be having her on the 24th then we close on our new house on the 28th. I guess I won't be able to help much with the moving!

Sorry about the vent. I just feel like this pregnancy is never goingto end! Only three weeks left was starting to sound so close, but now I'm back up to 4!

Sillygirl, I can totally relate. Yo very well may have the baby before the 24th. Either way, yo will be a mommy soon! (Sorry for the typos, one of the letters on my keyboard isn't working becase my cat sat on it-grrr.)

My mom keeps telling me there is no way I';ll make it to the 24th. I sure hope she is right! I feel just awful. At night I can't eat anything because it makes me feel so bad, but then I wake up so hungry in the morning that I feel n*. It's like morning sickness but at the end! I am so sore too - my legs actually feel like they can't hold me much longer. I can't blame them - I've gained over 40% of my prepregnancy weight. I had my first "real" contractions last night. Up until then I had felt some tightenogn in my stomach that I wondered if it was contractions, but last night I was sure. The pain started like a period cramp then it wrapped around to my lower back. It lasted about a minute, and for the first time I could definitely feel it start and then stop. It was really random though, maybe one every 10, 15 or 20 minutes for an hour or two then it stopped. Hopefully it is a good sign though!

I am sorry you are feeling low. It is understandable that you are disappointe you may have to wait even longer to see your baby and get your body back but i am sure it will be worth it. Keep us posted!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. Your Mom is probably right, you probably will have her before the 24th, especially since she sees you and how far along you are. Try hanging in there and remember what will come of this. I'm sure the 24th seems a million years away but it will come and you will have your beautiful baby girl! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I know the 24th really isn't THAT far away, but it sure seems like it. I just don't see how I can do this for another 4 weeks! I keep dreaming every night about either having the baby or having already had the baby. I have even drempt about my old clothes and being able to fit in them again!

awwwwwwwwww Its such a horrible feeling when you have a dream like that and then you wake up and realise that it still hasn't happened yet.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I can TOTALLY relate. I am due on July 6 and no signs of labor. I have so many complaints I dont feel like listing them. I cant wait till she gets here.

being preggers in the summertime can be a booger. /My dr told me to have lots of sex...the semen softens the cervix....like the drug patocin does. also nipple stimulation is good and walking. I was late with my first and not even dialated. After 3 days of sex 2 times a day....she was born!!! Good luck!!! It will al lbe worth it in the end. Eat small meals and drink lots of water so you do not get dehudrated!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know how you feel!! My first was 13 days late before they induced me!! Good luck, keep us posted!!

It seems like when you are at your wit's end, things start happening and
    suddenly, you are a mom!

As hard as it might be, try to enjoy these last few days/weeks. I
    remember after I had my children, I missed having them inside..kicking
    and being sooo close. Kind of twisted, but enjoy it while you still can!

Also, drink pineapple juice. I heard that brings on labor if you are close.
    Also, go get a pedicure and ask them to work your pressure points.
    There are areas in your lower legs and feet that can stimulate
    contractions. It is nice and relaxing and you will have cute toes for
    delivery!!! I had a pedicure two days before my daughter was born, and
    she was 4 weeks early!

Regardless, before you know it, that little one will be here and you will be
    so happy!

Keep us posted!
    Julie

Still here! (of course). I haven't had anymore contractions, just a lot of cramping. My next appointment is on Wednesday the 5th, and it will be my last appointment with my doctor unless I do end up going all the way to the 24th. I am really hoping I won't though because the builder of our new house set our dates: we are closing on the 28th and have our walthorugh on the 25th. If I am induced on the 24th, I definitely won't make it to the walthrough and may not make it to the closing either. They absolutely will NOT reschedule, so my husband will either have to go by himself or we will have to sign power of attorney over to someone to go for us. I really want to be able to go! It is supposed to be a really exciting time, buying our first REAL house and I most likely will have to miss it. I do feel like the baby is getting lower because when she had the hiccups yesterday, instead of feeling them above my hip bone on the right side like I have been , they were way down in the center of my pelvic bone. Maybe she has moved down enough to starting making some progress! I will keep you posted after my next appointment!