Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sea bands.

Good morning[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], well im off to look at some cars with my dad this morning (yes early 7.00am) lol. It takes about 30 minutes in the car to get to the place and i was wondering does anyone use sea bands?? and do they work well, as i think may getting some may help as i tend to get motion sickness if im in the car to long and feel like pulling over..so yeah if anyone does and called tell me, then thank you.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't use them, but then again I normally never get motion sickness *knock on wood*! but I know people who've used them, and apparently they work great! have fun looking at cars

Hey thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. I might go and get some then before i leave in a minute, thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Roofus..

If you don't/didn't manage to get those Sea Bands, the following things could also help when driving to prevent feeling nauseous:

Sit in the front seat

Stare straight ahead of you and try to focus on the white lines in the middle of the road

Have something in your stomach

Chew gum (equalizes the pressure in your ears to prevent you feeling dizzy etc) or suck sweets of some kind.

I can't think of anything else right now but if you get into the car with the mindset that you are going to feel ill, your body will automatically start to make you feel that way. So try to chat away to your dad as much as you can, and distract yourself. DON'T focus on your stomach/body if possible!

Hope that helps..

Kim x

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hey thank you, well im leaving now, i will try always those things thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], im also going to take my mp3 player with me to listen to and i have some gum to chew, thank you for the help and suggestions.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Ginger sweets are supposed to be good for travel sickness too.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I made it back in one piece after the bumpy roads, i had some gum and listened to my mp3 player, but then in the car my dad test drove, i didn't have them with me, then we went all over the bumpy roads, wasn't the best car ride, but i lived lol and my dad is buying the car lol. Thanks for the help[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hey Ruth..

Glad you didn't have too much of a bumpy ride then.. and relieved to hear you survived the experience! (even though a man was driving!). What car is it your dad is buying?

Don't you love the smell of a new car? lol.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Lol thanks, yeah it was only the whole bumpy road thing that made me feel n*, but im going to get some sea bands later to wear in the car lol. He's getting a Nissan almera tino, its like car/people carrier, i was just amazed with the screen in the front, it has a cam in the back so when you reverse it shows you upfront whats behind you lol. Yes new car smell is nice!! haha.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I tried the sea bands- and found that they didn't work at ALL. I get really bad motionsickness, and was excited to buy a pair because I didnt like having to take an antiemetic that made me drowsy every time I was in the car for more than 10 minutes. Bought a pair- was crouched behind the car losing my lunch a half hour later.

What I find DOES work though, are ginger capsules. You can buy them at the drug store- I find that they work to settle my stomach for rides under an hour. They are even being used with chemo patients in clinical trials for their nausea.

*amber*

Hey, thanks for the advice, i'll get some ginger capsules today up the shops[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] thank you again for all the advice.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

well obviously you are back, but i figured i would give my opinion anyway.. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] the sea bands will be different for everyone of course, they seemed to work for me though!! i guess the only way you will know for sure is to try them... [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Yes this is true Lidia- I also think to an extent with them it is a mind over matter thing...if you think they will work, and your nausea is mostly anxiety-related, they probably will work. That, or I just have the worst system EVER.

Ruth- I must say, I LOVE your avatars. They are always so original and make me smile

*amber*

Maybe i'll give them a go and see what happens[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Haha thank you about the avatars lol

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!