Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update everyone, but I've been so busy since then. The CT scan came back negative on everything, so we've narrowed it down to classical migraines. The doctor believes that they had gotten so much worse because I'd quit taking my heart medication, a beta blocker, which really helps to prevent migraines (which would have been nice ta know!).

He put me on Elavil to help me sleep and to prevent headaches and so far it's worked VERY well for both, however, I find it EXTREMELY difficult to wake up in the mornings and it's typically used as an anti-depressant... which can actually cause depression or make it worse in some people. Since I started taking it I've felt very "down in the dumps" and just all around exhausted, but I haven't had a single headache expect for once when I forgot to take it before bed. The battle now is would I rather not have the headaches and feel emotionally crappy, or fell emotionally okay and physically terrible??? AHHHH!!! It just sucks!

But otherwise I guess I'm doing okay... just relieved that it isn't anything major!

In the meantime, a little girl could REALLY use your prayers. Her name is also Rachel, she's only 4 years old and she's battling Ewing's Sarcoma, a rare form of cancer. She's been in remission for a little while now and sadly the other day her scans revealed a "spot" very close to where her original tumor grew. If you don't mind praying, please do... and she would love it if you visited her site and said hello in the guestbook... just so she knows you're thinking of her! http://www.caringbridge.org/mn/rachelhansen/index.htm

My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Hey Kentucky Gal!

I am glad they figured it out, tho that does suck about the meds makin you down, its like the lesser of 2 evils!!

That poor little girl, I will definately say a prayer for her. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

blimey!! its just one thing after another for u isnt it!! im glad ur not getting headaches nemore tho!! shame about the "down in the dumps" bit....

i will go to this little girls' site now..

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.