Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Clindamycin...

I'm back on the antibiotics for an infected tooth, and this time it's
    Clindamycin. As I always do I look up the side effects and what's the first
    thing they say?

CAN POSSIBLY CAUSE FATAL D*.

Argh.

Anyone ever take this? How'd you react? Should I be afraid?

- Anna, not sleeping tonight
    --
    Raid naked.

Hey Anna- I'm not sleeping tonight either!

I havent taken this myself....but am curious how diarrhea could possibly be fatal- and I likely dont want to know, lol.

I think you should go into it with an open mind- every system reacts differently to meds. If fatal diarrhea was a common occurence, it is likely that this drug wouldnt be used. Just make sure to follow the directions re: food/no food.

Goodluck,

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think diarrhea can be fatal b/c of dehydration. Don't worry, Amber is right, follow the directions, and if there are any concerns, call the doctor. Those medicine info sheets are so alarmist. Try not to worry.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Diarrhea can be fatal due to dehydration, but in first world countries it's extremely rare for that to happen.

I took clindamycin after having my wisdom teeth out. I took them four times a day for a week while I was on a liquid diet, and I didn't have diarrhea.

I think you'll be fine although if you do get diarrhea just be sure to replace the fluids you lose. Also when you're on antibiotics a way to prevent diarrhea is to eat yogurt with active cultures. Antibiotics cause diarrhea by killing the good bacteria in your digestive tract that aid in digestion, so if you replace them by eating yogurt the diarrhea shouldn't be as bad.