Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi, New

Didnt realise this many people suffered with the phobia.
    Im 19, my dad was a frequent drinker when I was a child and threw up every time he got drunk. I think thats where Ive got the phobia from. Im not sure.
    I have both types, I panic if I think Im going to be sick and I panic if other people feel or be sick.
    My reaction to it is severe. Panic attacks, crying, disorientation, sometimes I can seem as if Im having a mental breakdown, to anyone looking in on it and not knowing me well the whole reaction is severly frightening. Needless to say I havent been sick in 11 years.
    Only problem being Im now in love with my boyfriend and we plan to move in together. But theres a big problem. He has many health problems and tends to throw up on a regular basis. Its happened when Ive been round there and I cant help but panic. Ive ran out the house, and completely cant cope with it. I dont know what to do

hello and welcome !!!

i felt the same when i wanted to move in with my partner.. we've been together 10 years and have recently moved in together he knows how i feel about it and is very good .. he tends to hold on til im out of the house so im not aware ...

is your partner fully supportive of you and ur emet ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

he isnt bad, I dont think he really understood how bad I was untill he was violently ill whilst I was in the room. He knows Im carefull what I eat and that I didnt "like" people throwing up. But didnt understand the severity of it untill recently.

I find it really difficuilt to cope with, I dont like entering pubs or hospitals, anywhere anyone might be ill. I avoid any contact with people who say they feel sick. i have to leave the floor they are on at least, if not the house all together. being with a partner who has such a problem and also working in a restaurant ( yes it has happened). being at uni, and having younger siblings has all been a major issue. Im petrified of whats going to happen when I start work ( Want to be in the police (drug users/ alcohol ) and because of the way I am its starting to make me think Id be no good at it.
    My biggest concern is the future, children and how I would deal with them. I seem to be fine with babies but anyone who v*s like an adult does I have the same reaction.