Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: LapTops......

I'd like to have your opinions on something. I had a gateWay laptop, which totally sucked!! Their customer service also sucked. I had a 2 year warranty, the 1st year w/gateway, the 2nd year w/Best Buy. Well,, I was tired of dealinng with Gateway a**holes, so I let my warranty with them run out, now I'mm dealing w/Best Buy, which is a little better. Well, my computer kept shutting off randomly, and had the haard drive replaaced twice, the motherboard once, and the cooling nit once. It was only 1 year old! Well, according to the no-lemon law, they junked it and are giving me a store credit for another laptop. I already had to go out to CompUsa and buy another one, for fear they'd NEVER fix the other one. Here's my Q~~can you recommend a GOOD inexpensive laptop? There is no way I'll buy another Gateway. The one I just bought is an HP, and works good. Do youthink anoter HP is good, or is there a better brand out there? It willbe an "extra" laptop, probably for my daughter since my hubby hates computers. Thanks!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey Charlene, I've had 2 hp laptops and loved them both. The first one I had I sold to a friend of mine and I used the money to get different model with a bigger hardrive on it. I have no complaints about them at all, they are the only model laptop I would buy. Dell's are just like gateway, they are put together with refurbished parts (trust me, i have a friend who used to work for them) so I would stick with the HP.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Thanks BABYGAP!!

I heard the same thing about Dell too. You're right, I think I'll stick with HP.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I use a Dell laptop.

Love it!

BandNerd

BandNerd

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd

I use a Dell laptop.

Love it!

BandNerd

I heard their customer service was bad---have you had any experience with them, how was it?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

The Dell has been so good I haven't had to even think about calling customer service. I've had it almost a year. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

BandNerd
    BandNerd

I have a Dell desktop and it is considerably better than my Compaq, which I think is now owned by HP. I want a Dell laptop and will probably be buying one in the next few months.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Toshiba is the shizzle. Mine is 4 years old, and have had no problems with it (other than when I am pirating stolen wireless connections). It's light, small, and I can carry it in some of my big purses if needed.

IBM= crap (lasted only a year and a half)

Compaq = crap (although their desktops arent bad....if you get one without a manufacturers defect!)

*amber*

Thanks guys!! I am going to research all of the computer you've mentioned. Thanks so much!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Argh laptops lol, i used to have a time one, and they were terrible!! there service was awfull, i then saved up for a sony, which then went wrong and they had a bad service i found aswell. I got a pc in the end so you have more hard drive and stuff, but yeah laptops can be easier. I've heard that HP are really good, my friend has a hp laptop and had it for a few years and she said it worked perfectly. Also i have heard dell are good, but have heard there not good from a few friends aswell, so it all depends really. I think hp are the best personally, hope you find the right one your looking for[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

NEVER BUY A DELL- FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!! Okay, sorry, I'm rather passionate here. I am currently typing this from my 2nd uber crappy Dell computer. Their laptops are the WORST. We have had to replace the motherboard on this twice, the disk drive stopped functioning entirely, the internet card went, not to mention hundreds of other irritating little defects it has. We have also had Dell desktops which are insanely bad. Yes, their customer service is absolutely terrible. I went through two Dell mp3 players (NEVER buy one of those either- I bought an Ipod and it is about a million times more superior) and was on the phone trying to explain the problem for over three hours both times.

I would highly recommend a Compaq or a Mac. I had an old Compaq Armada I got off Ebay to use as a writing computer while working on my book. That was the best, most reliable computer ever. Just wonderful, really. Never broke, was super fast, no viruses.

I have never had a Mac but I have heard wonderful things about them. They seem very durable and resistant to common issues.

~~~Carolyn~~~

Agreeed about the mac. I have a apple mac g4 computer, and its never had any trouble in 2 years. Its very very rare you would ever get a virus on them, they are very good, the only trouble is that there is more software and things i guess for pc, but then theres software you can get for mac, and not pc lol, so i guess its what you will be using it for.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I have a Dell, it is so-so. It has definitely had some problems, but I'm not sure how many of those are because of it, or because of mistakes I made (I once had to take it to a repair store, and they had to completely erase everything on the computer and start it over... but that could definitely have been from a virus I got online). About half the keys don't work right now, so I use an external keyboard.... which works fine, but it's sort of annoying. but other than that, the computer itself is okay. I've had it for a little over 2 years, and it's still working. It connects fine with the internet, plays games pretty well, has enough space on it... so I'm happy with it Though the customer service is bad. They really never seem to understand what I'm talking about if I call them on the phone :/ I'd recommend using their website, and IMing with someone (it's easier to explain that way I feel, and then they have the writing in front of them).

Well i'm typing this from a very overheated and noisy Fujitsu Siemens laptop.. its my boyfriends so not sure how old it is.. more than 2 years though. The battery doesnt work at all anymore, so we have to always have it plugged in. Kinda defeats the point of having a laptop heh!!

I have only had experience with Dell through using their products in my past jobs, and I found their customer service was bad and I HATED the fact that the ONLY place you can buy their products (such as ink cartridges) was from them. So if you run out of ink or any other equipment you have to phone them and order and then wait for it to arrive a few days (or weeks)later. GRR.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I have a Gateway and an HP laptop. I like them both. I havent had any problem with either EXCEPT I hate that the Gateway power cord is in the back. I need a new powercord for it. I have not had any issues with my HP!

Well, I finally got the laptop last night. It's a Compaq, which I understand is made by HP?? It's a nice little laptop, and it was my only available choice for the exchange price. I'm just glad it's not a Gateway!!

Thank you all for your help and advice!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~