Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

well, last weekend 2 of my boyfriends roomates had the stomach flu, throwing up and D, and a fever and everything.

this weekend, he went home and had D all weekend, but he feels okay, no fever or anything, and is still getting over a cold.he didnt throw up, which he is prone to doing and still went out and is eating okay.

I"m scared he might have picked up that bug. He started with that friday night, but I missed him so much I went to go see him last night (sunday) anyways and was kissy and stuff, and stayed the night.

Now im scared that that was the flu he had. He swears it isn't but then his roomate said it could have been.

help! do you think Im overreacting?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

hey babydoll: im a bit stuck with words because i can feel ur panic now, its something tht i go thru a lot and i never know how to calm myself down.

but i dont expect hes seriously il with flu or nething if hes still going out and eating e.t.c.

i think, us emets are prone to overreacting. trick is to stay strong in the mind an dont even think about becoming ill, else ull tear ur immune system down by worrying so much.

and i think ur boyfriend is more likely to know what it is, nothis room-mates.

hope evrything is ok. sorry this is a bit mumblejumbled.

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If he had a cold before that ould give him the diarreah because of all the disgusting snot and germs. Nice huh?? lol

But if he was going to start puking with it he would have done by now i would think, also if he is prone to V* and he DID have the bug and didnt V* then more than likely you wouldnt either.

And a good thing to remember is that most of the time it is food posoining, that is why so many people dont report food posoining because they believe it just to be a stomach bug when it isnt.

Feel better

xEdited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

hippychick -- sorry just a silly litle question, what does SSIB stand for , in ur signature?

Jen xx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sweetest Swing In Baseball . Its the name of a play i went to see

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I've been doing really good the last while, i find that its taking more and more to send me into a panic, but this has really gotten me freaked out.

you guys are helping.....

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

ahh thnks hippychick

babydoll mayb u shud do smthing to keep ur mind off it... if only the chat was wrking, i'd sugest we went in there and talked about a loada random stuff... but we cant

Jen xxx

MSN:

I swear if he had picked it up on Friday he would have V* by now to get it out of his sytem, so the fact he hasnt made me think it was the cold that gave him Diarreah, or maybe even some wierd food. Could be anything. Edited by: hippychick

yeah, i bet you it was just sumthing he hate that his body disagreed with, but now its out of his system which is good.

Jen xx

MSN:

well i mean last night he seemed fine and stuff and was feeling good enough to get a little freaky haha[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

so maybe instead of thinking about the sickness I'll think about how much fun that was instead, haha. sometimes I'm good at talking myself out of this fear.

I'm going to work now so I'll have other things to think about and hopefully I'll be fine tonight.

thanks guys, keep the comments commin

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll

well i mean last night he seemed fine and stuff and was feeling good enough to get a little freaky haha

so maybe instead of thinking about the sickness I'll think about how much fun that was instead, haha. sometimes I'm good at talking myself out of this fear.

I'm going to work now so I'll have other things to think about and hopefully I'll be fine tonight.

thanks guys, keep the comments commin

Hey Jill,

I think you should keep thinking about other things such as work and how much fun you had, and hopefully that will take your mind off of everything and talk you out of it!!! Also, keeping the thoughts that everyone else has said in response to thisshould help too!

We always tend to make things worse than they really are, remember that!!

I'm sure everything is okay!!

Take Care, okay?
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Baby doll...I haven't been around for a few days and just saw your post. I know how scary it can be in this "quarantine" time. If it hasn't happened by now...it probably wont happen. Just be calm, make sure you always have gravol and eat good foods.

Hang in there and let me know how you are feeling.

Snow

so far.. so good. He was fine yesterday and last night and I'm still fighting a cold. I'm not too worried about getting it anymore because if i do i do and worrying isnt going to help. I might as well keep eating what a like and before i know it the worry time will be gone!

Thats a GREAT attitude to have babydoll!!!!

Good luck![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks