Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Small triumph

I ate a sandwhich!! lol, ok it seems like a preety simple thing, and i mean it is, but after months of plain toast, i broke the cycle. I went out and picked some foods that seemed nice and were basic. As you know for a while i would only have plain toast and biscuits, and i used to have to have them and my drinks a certain time and a certain amount. It was really hard and at the moment my stomach its a lot of discomfort which i knew what would happen, but i think in the long run would be better then having to end up back in hospital on a drip. My mums going to cook some dinner tonight. So i've had a sandwhich and wondering what do you think a good meal would to be?? thanks if anyone could give advice. I have things like cereal, i got some fresh bread, cheese, ham, fish fingers in a sandwhich, rice and tuna, egg fried rice, i also got some ice cream lol. I know its only a small step, but it proves as soon as i eat something, my brain starts to figure out it needs food. Also even though my stomach may not feel like it, since i ate that sandwhich all i've wanted is food, is it best to go with what my brain is saying and just eat when it wants it. Thanks if anyone could give me some suggestions.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Firstly. well done! Thats amazing!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously proud of you!. As for foods I would stick to anything bland and anything really easy to digest, b/c your system is so not used to it really. Stuff like mashed potatoes etc just keep it really simple. Good luck babe, we're all supporting you all of the way.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey, thank you!!. Ok thanks, maybe something like a banana and honey sandwhich as it would be pretty bland and good. I have some mash potato and noodles and things, there all light. Thanks for the support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yay! Ditto to everything hippychick said, I'm so proud! This is a giant step and you seem to be making sooo much progress lately, keep it up! xxx

WELL DONE WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU !!! you've taken the first step's it can and will get easier from here on in

Thank you!! my stomach feels a little off right now, but i guess i've had two sandwhichs one with with jam in, and i put butter with it, and some fresh bread, so i guess it hurst because of its not used to the butter and jam, from just having plain hovis white bread lol, but i have some sprite to settle my stomach. Im aiming to have a little snack or something an hour before bed, like a cup of tea and two chocolate biscuits? that way it will keep something small in my stomach, so i don't wake up in the night with that hunger feeling as it seems since i've eaten a little more, my brain is wanting more and more food, but my stomach has to deal with the pain lol. I guess i should try and eat when i want, and when my body is telling me to, as it needs to get into routine and make a menu to start when i get back into eating meals. Meals im going to start with are things like pasta and tuna, egg fried rice, noodles and soups. Im also going to have a yogurt mixed with cereal in the morning to start the day with. I admit its painfull, but my brain seems to have switched back on lol and i have been able to stop counting so much today with the ocd[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Thank you for the support, its helping so much.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Well done!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Stick to easily digested food, like rice, noodles, bananas. And again, WELL DONE!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thanks!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Im going to have some cereal in the morning to start the day with i think, i really need to get into a healthy rountine eating plan. I've been laying down for a bit tonight from feeling a bit unwell as my body is getting used to it, my mum and dad have been supporting me also, my mum has been sitting upstairs with me and watching dvd's to try get my mind off it and i went out for a walk with my dad. Its not easy, but i hope to come out of the end of it and say i did it. Im writing a blog also to hopefully help other people with eating disorders recover. I know its very early days, but im really demermained to do it this time as i want to do my art and go back to college and do some course's. Thank you for all the kind words and support. As my mum works at the hospital she asked the doctor what would help, and he suggested laying on my stomach and taking paracetamol for the pain, so i've done that and might try to sleep in a bit so they can work in the night[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. The one thing im looking forward to is being able to handle food again, so i can have pizza and ice cream lol. Thank you again, it really helps. My blog is like a day to day update i guess and diary throughout it all, hopefully to come out of the end of it eating well again, and to help other people get back into eating, its http://rsmithblog.blogspot.com/if you would like to view it. Take care everyone.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Well done Ruth, you've done brilliantly today. Some cereal in the morning would begreat for you- even if you don't eat a much for the rest of the day, you will have had good start. I find that breakfast is also the easiest meal to digest, so hopefully you won't get too much discomfort.

Hey thank you. Yeah i normally wake up, then have a cup of tea and get ready first, so my breakfast wouldn't be untill about 9.30am, then i guess in the day, just eat little and often, maybe a jacket potato would be a good idea, or boiled egg, something bland but something good. I know i shouldn't become dependent on them, and i don't think i will, but i've also been taking my stemetil tablets as they make me feel safe i guess, but only will for a short while, like last time, then i found i can do it without them. Thanks again[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Aw, don't worry about the tablets, you need to do what you can to get yourself eating properly again. Once your stomach is coping well enough with the food then you can deal with giving the tablets up.

Well done Ruth! You have done so well today. Good luck and I hope this all gets easier for you soon.

Hey thanks. Yeah i think i will go off the tablets in a few days once my stomach calms down. Its the next day now, so im just trying to think ahead what to have. I feel asleep and woke up with the stomach ache still at about 2.30am, i think my stomach was just full of acid, i found laying on my stomach helped, it was ever since i had the butter tha pains got worse, maybe my body just wasn't ready for butter, so i might lay off that and have other things. Thanks for the support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!