As some may know, yesterday was Canada's 139th birthday, which meant that all residents of Canada (or at least Ottawa, the capital) must wear their gaudiest Canada attire, and drink, preferably in excess.

My mom was in town to help me with the move (just moved from my puny bachelor apartment into a two-bedroom with my boyfriend), so we dressed up (at least Chris and I did) and headed downtown. I would have to say the highlight of the day was when Chris' beer was nearly confiscated at the entrance to the parliament buildings ground by the police (they were checking bags), yet when they came to the water bottles my mom and I filled with wine, we said it was apple juice and they didn't give it a second look. So, after some sweet talking, Chris managed to get the beer back on the promise that he would return it to the car, and mom and I drank almost 2 litres of wine throughout the day, lol. And thats not even counting the pub stops we made to relax and have some food.....no wonder I'm feeling a bit wonky today.

Anyway, here are some photo-highlights of the day- does anyone else have anything interesting to report? Any other pics of Canada day celebrations?

*amber*

[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/619_candaychrisandme.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/C6B_candaymom.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/crimgoddess/9AF_candaymom2.JPG[/img]

(note- the lemonade cup mom is carrying is filled with wine, lol)

PS- a polyester flag is TOOO warm to wear all day long in the sun. Just so you know.