Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Loestrin 24 fe

Has anyone had this? I start it on Sunday. I was on Ortho tri lo for a year and did ok as long as i took it at night and took a dramamine with it. My DR siad this is lower than Ortho Tri Lo.....Please...any comments will be great....I am scared of taking a new Birth Control[img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I believe this is one that I took--it has been so long since I have taken BCP's I can hardly remember. For me, all of the oral contraceptives caused me to have headaches and nausea. So, I changed to the Nuvaring. My OB/GYN told me that anything you take orally has a higher chance of side effects like nausea. The Nuvaring was great. I would still get a headache about once a month, but it wasn't daily like when I was on BCP's. I've heard the patch has a low risk of side effects, too. I just generally don't do well on any kind of hormone therapy, so I haven't taken anything in 2 years and I feel so much better! Good luck!

Jess

I have been on the patch and I do not recommend it...there has been new studies that have come out on it stating that there is even a higher risk for problems such as strokes that have left people paralized. There has been 500 serious health problems reported associated with the patch compared to 61 from the most popular pill. Just a word of caution because they are in the middle of a lawsuit.

Amber

i got pregnant on a bad batch of patches.....they did not stick in the middle...lol