Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: flying

hi guys,
    i haven't posted any topics recently as I am trying to get over my emet, i think on the whole I am much better than I was...however, every now and then I feel panic!!

at the minute i just got back from holiday (i didn't panic while i was there, only once did i feel anxious, i had a lovely relaxing time and I am very proud of myself!!)

however, i am concerned that I may have caught something on the plane. i ate without washing my hands when i got back, i never do but i was with a friend and felt silly making a fuss. i am also worried about what i might have breathed in on the plane.....

i can feel my anxiety welling up, i am back at work tomorrow and really worried I will get ill...I thought I was doing better than this....

can anyone help me - i know planes are notorious for passing germs.

Well, I know from reading info on here that you can't breathe in sv germs. So at most you would have caught a cold from the recirculated air. I wouldn't worry about it, (I know, easier said than done.) Just be proud of yourself for going on holiday and having a great time!

thanksdaffidol,

i know you are right I am just sure I have heard reports about bugs being spread through the air curculation. something about people at the bacl of the planecatching soemthing as opposed to those sitting next to someone was il...

trying to keep a lid on it though!!

thank u

ya - bugs can circulate in the air on planes, but not noroviruses or rotoviruses - "sv's". You can only get them through the oral-fecal route - ingestion of fecal matter or spores of the virus from vomit. Sorry that's gross, but it's to calm you down. You can't catch anything from breathing the air on a plane.

Check out the top sticky post on this thread - lots of good answers from Alvin about sv's that will make you a lot calmer.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.