Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HELP

Hybrid View

I really need some help... I am constantly panicking, i feel sick all the time and i cant stop thinking that i am going to be sick. I cant take it anymore i just want to give up and end it all. I cant even look after my daughter because im scared she will be sick infront of me.

What else can i do to make this better? Does anyone else feel like they are at the end of the road? I dont think i can carry on living like this for another 50years. Nobody can help i feel so alone and i just dont want to do it anymore. I think id rather die than be sick.

Hope i havent depressed anyone.... sorry...
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

wow... to think u just PMed me and sounded fine, and then i read this!!!!

(((((hugs you))))))

im sorry u feel devastated lke this.. bt u cant give up.

are u on any anti-anxiety tablets? that may stoip u feeling ill all the time. you just gotta remember its all in ur head, so if u can effectively make urself feel ill, u can make urself feel NOT ill, surely??

i know this is hard... but we're all here for you. u CAN get thru this. its just gnna take a bit of time and a lot of strength from you.

giving u al the positive vibes i can..

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aww hun. You are at a low and I know at the moment it feels like you will never get back up but it will happen.
    Are you on any meds at the moment? I know it's hard if you are the kind of person that doesn't like meds. I was one too but I had to give in and get some and it has made a world of differnce. Once the meds start kicking in (Even if it takes a while) it is easier to start being strong and help yourself.
    talking about it will always help you.
    I know how you are feeling and Celexa has helped me take care of my little guy. You will pull through this and everyone here is pulling for you and here for you to help you.

[img]uploads/images/Melikasa/FB3_misc_13.jpg[/img]Edited by: Melikasa
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

im taking something to stop me feeling nauseas but it doesnt work, i cant take any anti-depressants because im 7weeks pregnant. I will do anything to stop me being sick but sometimes i just dont want to carry on. It's so hard, i mean how long do we have to suffer with this phobia?
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

There are 2 anti-depressants that can be taken when pregnant. In fact my doctor said that there is more risk to you and the baby by not taking them. Pregnancy hormones can cause an emotional rollercoaster on their own.
    Paxil and Celexa are to that have proven safe to be taken while pregnant. I didn't know this at first and went the first few months without it. I stopped taking everything. That was a mistake. I hit rock bottom and was depressed and my anxiety and phobias got pretty bad. I ended up quitting my job (kind of not good when my husband had lost his.
    My doctor said I shouldn't have dropped the meds and that they are perfectly safe to be taken while pregnant.
    I am not saying to do this without talking it over with your doctor, but I think it is something you should think about hun.
    I am still on my meds now but I have to say that meds, this sight and exposure therapy have me almost cured totally. I have had this for 24 years but it is almost gone.
    DO becareful however about taking antinauseats now though unless it is the Diclectin. The one that is specifically for pregnant women or Diphenhydramine which is also safe. Anything else isn't recommended especially stuff like Pepto.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

thanks for your advice Melikasa, im seeing my doctor soon so i will tell him i want to go back on the meds. He says the meds i take for nausea are ok during pregnancy so thats a plus... I am just fed up with feeling sick if that would go away im sure i would be ok!!!

i would just like to let you know that i understand the emotional rollercoaster morning sickness feels like, and also thatother peopleunderstanding makes hardly any, if any difference at all! but if you do need support, you can always email meat [email protected], just to talk to someone who knows what you're going through!

I too feel ill most of the time. I actually found that my emetophobia went off when I had my kids. Unforntunately it is back now but I do have good days. You have to be strong for your child!!!

The trouble is the more you panic the more sick you will feel, you have to try and stay calm, I find it helps me if I write down how I am feeling, try to reason with yourself, there is a 99.9% chance that you are not going to be sick. Do something to take your mind off it. I find it helps me coming here and reading that there are others like me who will offer help and support!!

Take care andtry to be positive!!