Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I managed to get myself on the Scrambler today at the county fair! (The Scrambler: http://events.clowningaround.com/ima...0Photos/Scramb ler%20major%20carnival%20ride.JPG )[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I was feeling really anxious in line for the ride, but once I was on it and we were going full speed it was actually pretty fun. I don't get any sort of motion sickness (even the windiest of roads don't faze me), but the emet still controls me when it comes to carnival rides. I often feel bad when I have to wait outside the ride when all my friends are on it... I just tell them I don't want to go on it because I don't think it's built well and it will break.

Today when I went I was with my mom and my sister, and I think that helped a lot. I'm definitely not ready to go on the Tilt-A-Whirl or Gravitron yet, but this was a step forward for me. Within these past couple of years, I've been gaining more and more control over my emetophobia, which has ruled over me for most of my life.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a small victory.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~ Natalie

Well done!! thats really good that you did it *claps*[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[QUOTE=fish demon]

Today when I went I was with my mom and my sister, and I think that helped a lot. I'm definitely not ready to go on the Tilt-A-Whirl or Gravitron yet, but this was a step forward for me. Within these past couple of years, I've been gaining more and more control over my emetophobia, which has ruled over me for most of my life.

[/QUOTE

Great victory and step in the right direction!!!!!!

Let me tell you though, if you ever DO go on the Tilt-A-Whirl, here's some advice: DO NOT eat orange-flavored tic tacs with a glass of orange juice before going on it. Did that once. Bad, bad mistake![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Also, I looove the name NATALIE! It's the title and main character in the novel I'm writing!!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I actually have been on the Tilt-A-Whirl... My mom forced me on it when I was like six years old. I remember being absolutely terrified and I wascrying. I was emetophobic back then, and I think it was that experience that made me so scared of carnival rides.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to step foot on that ride again.[img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]
    ~ Natalie

Good job, fish! I used to go on all the craziest rides, but I haven't been to a carnival for years because now my emet gets in the way. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to still go on scary stuff...so good job!

Good job!!!!!!!! I wont' get on any rides...way too scared...be proud of yourself!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Well done you! It's so nice to read success stories! There's hope out there for everyone!

i go on rides just not the spinny ones i don't usually get motion sickness but i'm worried other people will...

congrats! thats great!

I cant do stuff like that but i get motion sickness pretty damn easy so.. who knows.. great job again though thats a big step. Heck i cant EVEN walk into a amusement park thinking i may see someone getting sick... so yeah.. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain