Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Tired = nausea

Welp its about 3:15am, and I feel quite nauseas and unsettled in the guts and I really think its due to me being up so late. I get nauseas when I'm tired. The thing is I was playing a computer game, and I realized it was getting late, so tried to go to bed but then gradually got nauseas feeling. Ugh I hate this, I just took an antacid I hope it helps. It just sucks when you want to sleep and know you need to but then feel real sick because of fatigue. Ugh its like geez body if you want me to sleep then don't make me feel sick!

I always get like this- tiredness always makes me feel sick. It almost becomes a whole body queasiness too. I'm sure you'll be fine, just relax and allow yourself to drift off.

o I hate that feeling! I always stay up too late... then feel nasty the next day.. and for some reason I stay up late again the next night! I love the late night, I seem to think the best then, and plus it's really the only time I have time to myself... but I hate waking up in the morning feeling sick from lack of sleep! It's almost 1:30 am here and I do not feel like going to bed antime soon... usually I go to bed around 3-3:30 ish.. and wake up between 8 and 10 am. not enough sleep lol. I hope you feel better tomorrow ^_^ the easiest way for me to fall asleep is to put on the tv and fall asleep with it on.. that way the mind can focus on the show, and not on trying to fall asleep. good luck being able to get to sleep, if you haven't already.

I can totally relate to that feeling. I get very nauseated when I'm exhausted, especially when I try to eat. It is like my body can't process the food and the food just stays in my stomach. It is very unpleasant.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleteacher
    I can totally relate to that feeling. I get very nauseated when I'm exhausted, especially when I try to eat. It is like my body can't process the food and the food just stays in my stomach. It is very unpleasant.
    I thought I was the only one like that! No matter how hungry I am, if I am on little to no sleep I cannot digest to save my life.

I get that too! I hate it, then you start panicking
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I did manage to drift off, and next time I opened my eyes its 11:30am!

Heck yes, I feel that way now! Our stupid electricity was out all night. I couldn't sleep at all. We got it back at 2 this morning, I just feel so bleh. Get some sleep and eat something, that always helps for me. I just revived to some extent after eating lunch.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

Ugh its another one of those nites. I really hate this. I just want to sleep but ugghh. Suze I know what you mean about whole body queasyness, its like evrything is just like yuck.

Edited by: Galadriel

Ya know what it's not just an emet thing either. I've heard others (non emets) talk about feeling yucky and n* when over tired. I hate that! Ont he plus side you know it's not going to make you v* and that you aren't sick. Hope you got some sleep!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Welp I made it through, I think part of it may have been my period (which came today oh joy!) Lol its kind of funny because when it does come, I look back over the last week and think "ohh so thats why my guts were acting funny" or "ohh so thats why I felt like crap last nite" or "ohh thats why I was so b*tchy the last week!"

Oh. My. God. I thought I was the ONLY one who had this problem!!

It never fails--if I do not get enough sleep, I am moderately to
    horribly nauseous all the next day! It's like someone else
    said--my body refuses to digest food. That's when those meal
    replacement drinks like Ensure and Boost can really be a help--they can
    help balance out your blood sugar so you don't feel worse, but they
    won't stop up your digestion either.

Wow. I can't believe I'm not alone in this!

LostAngeleno

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    Welp I made it through, I think part of it may have been my period (which came today oh joy!) Lol its kind of funny because when it does come, I look back over the last week and think "ohh so thats why my guts were acting funny" or "ohh so thats why I felt like crap last nite" or "ohh thats why I was so b*tchy the last week!"

Hey Galadriel!!!

Long time no speak buddy!

I just had to say that I do that too! After I get my period, I always think back to my behavior over the last week and attribute it to that too! "That's why my stomach hurt so badly", or "That's why I was in such a b*tchy mood!" LOL! "That explains it!"

I usually get nauseaus at night too. A lot of times it's when it's time to go to sleep. Like everyone says goodnight and I can't sleep because I feel crappy.So I end up staying up late until the nausea subsides. I stay up late anyway, because like someone mentioned above, it's usually my alone time,but it's so frustrating trying to wait for the nausea to pass! Especially when everyone else is able to sleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow!It's always good to have distractions though, but there is only so much you can do after a while! I think that night nausea is one of the worsts, because I feel most vulnerable and alonethen!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Hey Neha!
    I know what you mean, night nausea sucks big time. Here I am yet AGAIN and its like 3am and I feel sooo sick (partly period I think too), but man I just get feeling so sick like I could be at any moment. Thats the worst because I absolutely cannot lay down until it goes away. Thank God for this site and you people! It helps a lot.

I didn't think about the digestion stopping/getting funky at night, but maybe this is also part of the problem. My guts are kind of bubbling, but its like it can't go through or something. I think the guts do shut at least part way down at night (hence why when you eat too late it just sits there/ doesn't get digested and you can feel crummy). LostAngelino, drinking meal replacement drinks is a good idea when you can't digest due to no sleep.

Galadriel, I think nightime n* is the very worst. Probably because no one is awake to provide comfort.

I ate horribly today - popcorn, tacos, salsa - and am now feeling the effects. Gas, bloating, n*.

My bf always says, "Why don't you lie down when you feel unwell?". No emet I know dares to do so and we probably don't help ourselves because sometimes rest is the best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by marieb73
    Galadriel, I think nightime n* is the very worst. Probably because no one is awake to provide comfort.

I ate horribly today - popcorn, tacos, salsa - and am now feeling the effects. Gas, bloating, n*.

My bf always says, "Why don't you lie down when you feel unwell?". No emet I know dares to do so and we probably don't help ourselves because sometimes rest is the best thing.
    Yeah I know what you mean, I think nighttime is the absolute worst.
    I don't get how non-emets can lay down when they feel so sick. My husband does, and man I always have to be sitting up straight. I can't lay down because I feel like it could come up easier that way or something, and also I couldn't get up fast if I needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    Quote Originally Posted by marieb73

Yeah I know what you mean, I think nighttime is the absolute worst.
    I don't get how non-emets can lay down when they feel so sick. My husband does, and man I always have to be sitting up straight. I can't lay down because I feel like it could come up easier that way or something, and also I couldn't get up fast if I needed to.

Hey, how did you do last night? I hope you were able to get some sleep! I'm usually online late at night, so if you ever need to chat, you know my screen name! It'll be great to catch up with my twin!

I am totally with you on not being able to even lay down when I feel sick! Non-emets would say "Oh just lie down, you'll feel better"! HECK NO!!! LOL!!! I also feel it would come up easier or I may not be able to get up in time! I thought that was only me!! Plus, I tend to feel worse if I lay down feeling nauseaus. When I'm nauseaus I am restless and need to move around. I can't sit still or even lay still! I have to do something like pace around the room or something! I'm with you on that one!

I don't understand how non-emetscan just lay down like that and feel so calm about it when they feel sick! I'm a total spazz, which I already am even when I'm not nauseaus lol, so I'm even more spastic!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Wow, no lying down? That's the first thing I do when I feel bad
    and it always helps! Then again, I am pretty secure in the
    knowledge that I am not actually going to become sick and therefore
    don't have concerns that I won't be able to make it to the bathroom in
    time or whatever. I feel worse (emotionally, if not physically as
    well) if I CAN'T lie down for some reason...I guess because lying down
    triggers the relaxation response for me and helps me feel better.

I had pretty bad indigestion (read: nausea) just last night and
    practiced YOGA instead of immediately crawling under the covers like I
    have in the past. How's THAT for recovery??

LostAngeleno

Heh yoga sounds like a good idea! I've never done it, but if it works that is great!

Neha, I know what you mean, I used to when I felt sick I literally could not sit still. I had to keep moving, and I would pace and pace. For some reason after I was sick for the first time in like 10 years, after that, then I could feel real nauseas and be able to sit down and I was okay with that. I am very glad that stopped because I would get SO tired pacing around and not being able to sit still, which I think would make me feel worse.

Btw, I did eventually end up falling asleep again, thanks. That always happens and usually by the time I wake up I am perfectly fine!

Edited by: Galadriel

Galadriel,

Once I spent the entire night from 1 am until 6 am doing NOTHING BUT PACING (and clawing my skin of course) because I was so nauseaus! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]It was horrible! That was before I was diagnosed with my acid reflux problems.I was so sore and dead tired that morning, but I still kept on pacing because I COULD NOT be still! I was a total spazz!

Lostangeleno,

I guess to each person it's different. When I'm nauseaus, I can't relax, and I pretty much don't want to until the nausea goes away. Which is probably not the best thing to do, but, I usually only have one thing on my mind when I'm nauseaus, lol. Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

My problem has always been that I have a hard time falling asleep (I'm a total night owl....it's already 4:45 A.M. here..haha) and when I have to get up early in the morning, I get so deathlyn* and Ishake terribly. It's awful.

Usually, when I'm n*, I can't sit still either. I just always think 'GO AWAY!'...but sometimes, when I feel really n*, I take deep breaths, lie down in bed, and put a cold rag on my stomach. Thathelpsease the anxiety of it.

Victoria,

I'm nocturnal too!!! LOL!Last night I stayed up until 3:00 am for no particular reason and this morning woke up around 7:00 am. And that's honestly the way it usually goes every night! I just can't go to sleep earlier than 1 am. When I'm nauseaus, that's a whole other story! I don't sleep until the nausea is gone completely, and that may mean staying up all night pacing!
    Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Well, I didn't do yoga BECAUSE I was nauseous...I've been under a lot
    of stress this week and just wanted to do something to relax.
    I've found that just gently stretching--not necessarily yoga--can
    trigger the relaxation response as well. Anyway, I feel fine now.

I should also say that I am in CBT, training my brain to do other
    things besides panic when I feel nauseous or face some other
    trigger. After being in treatment for so long, I definitely don't
    react to nausea the way I used to...which leads to having less anxiety
    about when and where it will strike...which leads to having less nausea
    in general.

I'm not completely better yet, but thanks to my therapist and Sage's
    online hierarchy (and okay, I admit, my anti-anxiety meds probably have
    a hand in it too, LOL), I'm getting there.

LostAngeleno

Quote Originally Posted by NCsmile6

Victoria,

I'm nocturnal too!!! LOL!Last night I stayed up until 3:00 am for no particular reason and this morning woke up around 7:00 am. And that's honestly the way it usually goes every night! I just can't go to sleep earlier than 1 am. When I'm nauseaus, that's a whole other story! I don't sleep until the nausea is gone completely, and that may mean staying up all night pacing!

Really? LOL!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's nocturnal!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I do the same thing I would rather stay awake then wake up and be sick that is the worst feeling

Quote Originally Posted by mee55
    I do the same thing I would rather stay awake then wake up and be sick that is the worst feeling

Definetly!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!