Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Job

There's this job in a school near me to be a play assistant, i really like working with kids, and joking around with them and stuff, its only 3 hours a week, so one day a week, getting paid about £15, i know its not a lot, but im thinking it may help my recovery as i don't think im fit enough yet to get a full time job, im also learning to drive soon, my dads helping me get a car this month, so the money could go towards buying petrol, does nayone think this would be a good idea? the only thing that worries me, is v* of course, but its only one day per week in a junior school, maybe it would help me overcome it a bit.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Geez we both seem to be early birds hey!

That sounds like a good idea, I would apply for it if I were you. It sounds like it could be fun, being a play assistant.

I live with 2 girls who are teachers in a junior school and they never ever come home with stories of kids V*ing. Also, the chances of it happening in the 1 hour that you are there each day is very slim. Just do the usual handwashing before eating and after leaving the school etc and you should be fine!

Also just getting out of the house for that hour each day and having something to take your mind off other things will be good. Go for it! Let us know how you get on Ruth! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hey, lol thanks! yeah im just looking around for some part-time work at the moment now im eating a bit better, it should also get me into a routine, so food wnated just be the only thing im focusing on. Thanks for the advice, haha yeah we're early birds.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Go for it, if it's something you want to do. I think a job you enjoy could be great for you.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

sounds like fun! ^_^ don't worry about the v* issue, if everything else about the job sounds good, then I'd say go for it Espescially if you are helping the kids in the afternoon, there should really be nothing to worry about. if it is an extracurricular activity, the kid's parents wouldn't send them there if they were sick. I've done a lot of work with kids (helping in classrooms, coaching, and tutoring), and I've never had any problem (though, sometimes if a kid was sick, or knew someone who was sick,they like to tell the story >.> gross, but it can't hurt. and seeing little kids so comfortable about the issues is actually kind of reassuring - if they treat v* as something normal and actually amusing, it shows that it's really not something to fear.). nice to hear you're eating better too ^_^

Hey, thank you!, yeah i think im going to go for it[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], i used to help my mum out in a play group every summer and i was ok, thanks for the advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], i'll let you know how it goes, and thank you about the eating[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Yep, definitely go for it, you will enjoy it!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Thanks!, i've been looking around for part-time work and i've just gone and applied for one[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Its doing saturday and sundays as a telephone customer service advisor for abbey national, which is £11,000 to £20,000. I've also just got the forms for my provisional license so i need to send that off so i can start taking my tests, should be..interesting lol, don't think my dad would be to happy if i crash the car and its on his insurance lol.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Well it sounds like you're definately starting to get your life back on track.. thats great! I'm 26 and i STILL don't have my driver's licence. Mainly cos its so expensive over here for lessons, and also I would DREAD doing my test in London - people drive like maniacs here!!

You lucky you're feeling confident enough to apply for jobs too.. I wish I was feeling that way - the Abbey one sounds good cos its over the phone so not face to face with each customer all the time - and the pay sounds like it could be good too.

Let us know how you get on - and keep up the positive atttitude you seem to have adopted!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I think that it would be a great idea. I have done summer playschemes and never encountered v*, and work as an LSA in a primary school and only occasionally encounter it. I think you are doing fantastic and even to be thinking about doing this job shows that you are definately on the way to recovery.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Hey, thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], i really hope abbey gets back to me, as I.T is something im interested in, thank you for your support and kind words also. Yeah kimmy some people in the uk drive like maniacs lol. My dad wnats me to get myself a car, as he dsn't want me using his to practice in..just in case lol. Thats why i need to get a job really to pay for petrol, and everything else. Thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!