Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Day 5 of trying to eat, i get the flu lol, i felt ok yesterday and this morning and all of a sudden i started to ache and got a really servere headache, my throats started to hurt and i just feel tired. Does it matter what you eat still when you got the flu? all i know is that you may not get as hungry. Is there any tips on beating it? thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think i would stick to soups probably. Liquids and things like that...jello, popscycles....i don't know...just take it easy. Hope you feel better soon.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks, yeah im going to get some chicken soup from the shops, but im meant to be going out to lunch tomorrow with my mum, i think even if i lose my appetite, im going to have to try eat something as i don't want a relapse. Thanks for the advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Aww Ruth I'm sorry your sick!
    I hope you feel better soon, and liquids are good for flu.

Awww thanks, yeah, been drinking lots to wash it out[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], do you think its ok to eat normal foods though unless my stomach dosn't start to go funny, but my stomach's not taking to well to dairy att he moment it seems[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Call your doctor and ask what kinds of things to eat and drink while you are ill. Hope you feel better soon![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ok i'm confused -I could've SWOOORRRRNNN i posted a response to you on this thread.. but its nowhere to be seen.. hmmm..Odd that..

Anyway, I said in my non-existent post earlier that you should definately still try to eat - or ensure that you have something in your tummy as often as possible, as you may start getting a lot of (TMI) phlegm/drainage from your nose and this *may* irritate your stomach a bit and make you feel a bit icky. Try to get as many nutrients as you can to boost your immune system so that you're able to fight this flu off and continue on your mission of getting stronger!!

Let us know how you're feeling and enjoy lunch with your mom tomorrow if you decide to go!!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

sorry you have the flu! It is annoying. yeah, soups are good... you can eat normally with the flu. Soups are good because they are easy to eat and they help bring liquid and nutrients into the body. I'd recommend taking something to help the headache go away, once it is gone you'll probably feel a whole lot better! Take care, I hope you feel better soon

i usually stick to 7up, soup and saltines...but if you are concern i would contact a doctor as well, just to see what he recommends!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Try and go steady onfoods like dairy productsas they can increase phlegm- I always do this when I have a cold or flu. Get plenty of liquids down you (water, fruit juice andtea are three of the best) and as everybody else says soups are good (chicken noodle soup is supposed to help thin mucous secretions). Maybe you could try adding akiwi fruit to your daily eating routine as they contain so much vitamin c. Other than that just carry on eating what you fancy I'd say, as you can lose your appetite when you have flu so anything inside you is better than nothing.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey, thank you all of you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Im not feeling to bad at the moment, yeah i think i need to lay of the dairy, i think since i stopped eating it, everytime i have margrine, yogurt, ice cream i get bad stomach cramps, and also it makes the phlegmworse, so thanks for the advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Im still going to try go out with my mum and have something like a tuna and sweetcorn sandwhich from the shopping centre. My brother has asked me if i want to go to a japanese noodle bar with him one day also but i think all that stuff could be a bit to soon. Thanks again for the advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!