Hi Kate, sorry you hate your hair so much. All through my life I had long hair, usually about mid back. I remember the first time I had my hair cut short I almost started crying I was so upset. I had bangs and didn't know what to do with them, my hair wouldn't go behind my ear so it fell in my face all the time, I was miserable. Over time I got used to it, and now I have short hair and keep getting it cut shorter. I have naturally wavy hair and if it gets long it will puff and look like an afro.

Basically... long story short, it is a shock when you cut off that much hair, it just takes time to get used to it. You may still not like it, in that case just let it grow back out and don't cut it again, but if you didn't do this you would always wonder. Live and learn I guess.

I have no suggestions for making hair grow faster, if it is anything like my hair it will be long before you ever get used to it being short.

And speaking of perms... yeah, never perm wavy hair... wow, that was bad. That was another time that I cried over my poor hair.